PDA

View Full Version : How do I use Dr Bron ners Castile soap in dispenser?

slworld
02-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Do I put it in the dispenser as is or should I dilute (what ratio?) it? This is for hand-washing in the bathroom. I was planning to get the lavender fragrance.

Thanks much

gatorsmom
02-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Is this for a foaming soap dispenser? There have been some previous threads on this and I noticed that different people use different ratios but this is what I do. I use 1/5 Dr. Bronners and water. Some posters here have suggested using distilled water but so far I haven't had a problem with filtered water from our tap. I couldn't find a reasonably priced, decorative foaming soap dispenser (and wasn't sure I wanted nice ones that the kids could break) so I bought the clear Method foaming dispensers, used up the Method solution, and now refill the empty Method dispensers with the Dr. Bronners/water solution. It has been working great for the past 9 months.

hth!

slworld
02-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Is this for a foaming soap dispenser?

I was hoping to use it with the one we currently have which is non-foaming. Will it not work with that?

Thanks

gatorsmom
02-24-2010, 04:27 PM
I was hoping to use it with the one we currently have which is non-foaming. Will it not work with that?

Thanks

it should- I just don't know the ratios of soap to water. If you do a search here though, I'm sure you'll find it. I've seen it discussed several times.

edurnemk
02-24-2010, 04:42 PM

Thanks

I tried using it without diluting in a regular dispenser, but it clogs the dispenser and shoots out in any direction. I wasn't surprised since it says right on the bottle it's not meant for soap dispensers. I haven't tried diluting it, I bought a BIG bottle of Method liquid soap instead.

I love Dr. Bronners, especially the Lavander and the Peppermint, we use it in the shower, so I'll try dilluting it for handwashing.