PDA

View Full Version : 5wks preg and spotting

siri
02-24-2010, 04:34 PM
I am so worried. I noticed a really faint pink on the toliet paper yesterday. Didn't think much of it. Today I had some rust colored discharge followed by bright red on the toliet paper, even after multiple swipes. I am so freaked out. I called the OB and she wants to see me tomorrow. I know spotting can be normal but I am worried that the spotting is bright red. Anyone else have a similar experience?

fauve01
02-24-2010, 04:45 PM
I had spotting (often times red) every.single.day. until 13.5 weeks. I was shocked every single time i went to the doctor and there was still a baby in there. hang in there! spotting alone doesn't necessarily mean bad; it's when there's cramping and spotting they start to worry.

(((HUGS)))

Anne

sunshine873
02-24-2010, 05:28 PM
just like pp said...cramping & spotting is not good. But spotting alone is really quite normal. I had spotting early on with DD. I was absolutely terrified, but it turned out fine. Glad you're still going to the Dr to get checked out, but try not to worry (easier said than done, right?)

MamaSnoo
02-24-2010, 05:48 PM
I went through this with DD. I remember, I was afraid to tell DH because he was so excited...it was very lonely! But, after 2 weeks of spotting, everything worked out! Hugs and good luck!

arivecchi
02-24-2010, 05:54 PM
I had blood gushing out at around 10-12 weeks. My underwear was soaked. I went to the ER because it was so much blood and they were pretty much sure I was having a miscarriage. Nothing happened and DS1 is here (I also had slight spotting with DS2), so bleeding does not = m/c. Good luck.

lchang25000
02-24-2010, 06:00 PM
I spotted on/off (mostly pink) until about 15 weeks. My OB said it was because my cervix was very vascular. One time it was bright red blood (around 13 weeks) and DH immediately took me to his office and did an ultrasound on me himself. We saw the baby moving and heard/saw the hearbeat. Everything turned out fine. I was esp. nervous when I saw the bright red blood since I miscarried the previous pregnancy. Hope everything turns out fine for you too...good luck.

willow33
02-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Just agreeing with the other posters. I spotted with all three pgs and have three wonderful children now :) Glad you are going to your doc and please keep us posted

spanannie
02-24-2010, 06:05 PM
I had an episode of heavy bleeding followed by spotting with DC1 (around 5-7 weeks). It really freaked me out. The doctor had no explanation for the spotting, but I had a healthy pregnancy after that and he's almost 8 years old. Keeping my fingers crossed for you . . .

AnnieW625
02-24-2010, 06:14 PM
With this pregnancy I first picked up spotting at 12 weeks. It was the morning after I had pushed DD in her stroller for 3 miles in the wind. It was just too much. I have found that most spotting (only a couple of time since then) has come with either over doing it or having sex. My NP said that when there is spotting no intercourse for two weeks afterwards. I didn't spot at all with my other two pregnancies so this time it has freaked me out a bit. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Is it the time you would normally be getting your period? I had spotting every month for the first few months, only around my normal period time. I guess AF didn't get the memo. DD was fine...

Indianamom2
02-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Well, I've had a 50/50 record with spotting.

With my 1st pregnancy, I had spotting a little after 5 weeks that within a day turned into heavy bleeding and ended in a miscarriage.

With my 2nd pregnancy, I had bright red bleeding and cramping (more than the initial spotting with #1) and thought for sure I was m/cing again. DD#1 was the result of that episode!

It's scary, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. Hang in there and rest if you can.:hug:

infocrazy
02-24-2010, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=Indianamom2;2639894]Well, I've had a 50/50 record with spotting.
QUOTE]

With our first pregnancy, I spotted for a week at about 5 wks, then miscarried. Our second was spotting for a few days at about 5 wks, then stopped--this was DS1.

P&PT!

fortato
02-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Hugs. No matter how many of us tell you it's normal, and not to worry, you're going to worry until an OB gives you the ok.

I spotted with both pregnancies. Jack at 7 weeks, 12w 1d,(the day after my OB appointment). This one 6 weeks, and 12 weeks. Pregnancy is one long slow worry, and it sucks that there's nothing you can do but wait and pray.

More Hugs.