PDA

View Full Version : Is 7-8 too old for Playmobil racers?

Globetrotter
02-25-2010, 05:34 AM
Are these too babyish for 8th bday party favors?

http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-4181-Blue-Racer/dp/B000INHGQ0

Tondi G
02-25-2010, 10:48 PM
depends on the kids. My 8 year old would probably play with it... some might think it was meant for younger kids.

California
02-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Did you get those in the Borders sale? I won't tell if you did :) My son is 7 1/2 and he still likes Playmobil a lot. I picked up two of the racers for his Easter basket. I'll miss them when he grows out of them-- they are high quality toys.

SnuggleBuggles
02-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Mine wouldn't be in to it that much but it is a really nice party favor so it's a better way to go than other choices might be.

Beth

Momof3Labs
02-26-2010, 12:08 AM
DS1 would play with it a little and then pass it on to his brother, who would adore it. Can you fashion some game around them, like races down a ramp?

I saw two of those on Sunday but didn't price check them figuring if they were $1, they would already be gone. Darn...

Globetrotter
02-26-2010, 02:15 AM
yep, they are from borders :loveeyes:

I bought bakugan and these for favors, and I think 8 year olds would like bakugan better, BUT won't they be outdated next year? I was planning to give bakuga this year instead. playmobil won't get outdated, but unfortunately it says 4 plus in big letters on the package, so I can see some kids thinking it was for babies. both my kids (inc. my ten year old) :heartbeat: playmobil, but this one seemed a bit simple. Even so, I know THEY would like it.

It is meant to be raced on a ramp. I think you make the box into a ramp, hence the odd shape, but that seems really short to me. Judging from the feedback, i think I will give them out next year, unless you all tell me it's okay to give the Bakugan next year, a year from now. decisions, decisions in the Borders aftermath :rotflmao: