PDA

View Full Version : Borders Sale has jaded me...

Twoboos
02-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Today I went to Learning Express to get 3 bday presents. I know they're not the cheapest to begin with, but today I felt like they were committing highway robbery, considering many of the the items were just at Borders for $1!!! Most Alex items were between $15-$20 and it was KILLING me to purchase even one.

Oh well. That chore is done and I spent a bit more than I wanted, but it wasn't an easily-accessable item. (Paint your own umbrella kit.)

Curse you, Borders!!!!

kristac
02-25-2010, 06:35 PM
I missed the boarders sale but I hear you on not being comfortable paying retail. I get all twitchy paying full price for items. I went shoe shopping today and the shoes I liked best were full price so I left empty handed- will have to wait until I can find them on sale. I also went to Old Navy to pick up some $5 graphic t's (technically still a splurge for me since I generally buy my clothes at thrift stores) I saw a cute summer dress I wanted, but -you guessed it- it wasn't on sale so it stayed in the store. MAYBE if I get a great coupon it can come home with me but likely I will wait for a sale AND a coupon.

I'm even worse about groceries. I only pay full price for milk, creamer (only to avoid aving a grouchy husband), and bananas. Otherwise if it isn't on sale with a coupon we don't eat it that week.