PDA

View Full Version : Who will miss the Olympics once it is over?

alien_host
02-25-2010, 05:43 PM
I always miss the Olympics after it is over. I really don't follow any of the sports normally (skiing, skating, even hockey - we mostly just watch MLB and NFL here) but I seem to get so sucked in and watch it almost every night.

I'm going to miss it, but will enjoy getting some more sleep, these 12/12:30 bedtimes are killing me! :)

MichelleRC
02-25-2010, 05:45 PM
We will! My kids are really enjoying it. In fact, DS1 just said "I really want to go to Vancouver".

LarsMal
02-25-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm going to miss it, but will enjoy getting some more sleep, these 12/12:30 bedtimes are killing me! :)

:yeahthat: I'm exhausted!

ETA: I'm also ready to get back to new episodes of my favorite shows.

bubbaray
02-25-2010, 05:47 PM
I want my city back. I desperately need a haircut (have been growing it) and my hairdresser is right downtown where all the insane crowds are.

Of course, I'm not sure things will every be quite the same.

lizzywednesday
02-25-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm going to miss the quality couch time with DH for a bunch of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that this is probably the last Olympics we'll be able to watch as intensely until our DC is older. (The 2012 Summer Games in London will likely conflict with our DC's bedtime and we won't want a cranky 2 y/o just because Mommy wanted to watch swimming!)

It's also very rare that there's something on TV that we both enjoy and feel passionately about ... men's and women's hockey has been exactly that for us!

lizzywednesday
02-25-2010, 05:52 PM
I want my city back. I desperately need a haircut (have been growing it) and my hairdresser is right downtown where all the insane crowds are.

Of course, I'm not sure things will every be quite the same.

You know, I didn't think about it that way. (Even while I was rooting for NYC to be considered as an Olympic venue, I didn't think about it that way.)

DH now wants to visit Vancouver, something I have no problem with, so I wondered how that would affect the folks who do live there.

MelissaTC
02-25-2010, 06:03 PM
I will miss it. Although we will welcome back our hockey players. We still have at least 2 games left of our mini season plan. :) DH and I have spent a lot of time together on the couch watching exciting sports like curling.

Roni
02-25-2010, 08:55 PM
I will miss it, too (and being able to say, "I'm feeling very Olympic today") but I will be glad to be done with these late nights. Luckily, this is vacation week, so the girls & I can sleep in. I'm looking forward to the ladies' long program tonight!

newg
02-25-2010, 08:57 PM
I will miss it too! Though as pp have mentioned I will love being able to go to bed early again and can't wait for some of my shows to come back on!

I love that I can watch it all day long too.........!!

ellies mom
02-25-2010, 08:57 PM
I will. I'm too busy with school to enjoy it properly. Most of the ice skating I watched while passing meds and taking vitals. Not exactly how I like to enjoy the Olympics.

Twoboos
02-25-2010, 09:21 PM

Yep, this. Last night there wasn't anything on I really wanted to see, but I was all antsy missing it. I finally went up to bed and put it on up there.

I don't even remember what I used to watch, LOL!

TwinFoxes
02-25-2010, 09:49 PM
I will totally miss it, I always do! It was worse back in the day when the summer and winter games were the same year and Olympics happened only every FOUR years.

In a way you're right Melissa, I think your town will be changed. But in some nice ways. Like it's still cool to see the Olympic rings on the LA Coliseum and at Squaw Valley, and other places. :)

SnuggleBuggles
02-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Me! I love having the DVR so I don't have to stay up...though I always do. :)

Beth

Twoboos
02-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Me! I love having the DVR so I don't have to stay up...though I always do. :)

Beth

See, I CANNOT watch sports on DVR. It's just wrong to me. I know, it's weird.

lilycat88
02-25-2010, 11:08 PM
It's given me a really good excuse to sit on my a$$ in front of the TV every night with my laptop. I usually feel guilty just sitting and watching regular TV but now I can say..."It's the Olympics"...and not feel guilty. :ROTFLMAO: