PDA

View Full Version : Hanging Backpack on Stroller?

stinkyfeet
02-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi, I was thinking about getting a backpack diaper bag. I currently have a Storksak Emily (a single shoulder strap bag) and can just hang it on my stroller handles with no problem. How would you go about hanging a backpack on your stroller? Or is it assumed that you would be wearing it the whole time? TIA!

sunshine873
02-26-2010, 12:05 AM
It depends on your stroller & your bag.

My Peg Si has 2 handles (umbrella style) so each handle gets a shoulder strap hung on it.

My backpack diaper bag also has a top carry strap with a latch-type buckle on it, so I can just unlatch it and then re-connect it around my BJCE handle (one continuous handle.

I do like that if I want to load the stroller up with a bunch of other stuff (like shopping treasures,) I can just wear the diaper bag on my back.

new_mommy25
02-27-2010, 10:57 PM
We use a DadGear bag and it came with two clips that enable me to hang it off the stroller. There is another version, DaisyGear, that has more feminine prints.
http://www.dadgear.com/Diaper_Bags_Backpacks.cfm
I love it for travel. The wipes dispenser is wonderful.

npace19147
02-27-2010, 11:01 PM
My backpack also has a top carry loop so when I'm not wearing it I will hook the top loop onto a hook that I have on the side of the stroller for carrying shopping bags. I have the P&T double so when no one is in the lower seat sometimes I just put it there too!

stinkyfeet
03-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the tips! I have a bugaboo (single continuous handle), and just purchased a Baby Sherpa through costco.com. I was looking into the Dad Gear backpack that the pp mentioned, and it looks good too! Maybe I have to order that one and compare them both! For people who have both, do you have a preference?

codex57
03-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I like our Skip Hop bags with our Bugaboo. I never liked the backpacks. Think they all look ugly. I'd rather go with a messenger bag. I feel less like a dorky dad that way.

stinkyfeet
03-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks! I just got the Baby Sherpa in the mail today. I am glad that I got it through Costco, so I can return it if I don't end up liking it. I don't see how I will be able to hang it on my stroller tho.

indigo99
03-05-2010, 02:04 AM
I don't know anything about the stroller or bag that you're trying to use, but I've heard of people using carabiners. I have some stroller clips made by JuJuBe. My JuJuBe backpack has rings on the corners so it's really easy to hang from the clips, but you could probably use them with other brand bags too.