View Full Version : Happy Green Bee Clearance

Melaine
02-26-2010, 08:45 AM
http://www.happygreenbee.com/clearancestore.cfm

Not much XL left, but GREAT deals!!

ETA: They changed it to free shipping over $35

jvs195
02-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks, placed my first order. For those prices I couldn't resist. I'm nervous about sizing, but hopefully will get wear out of them.

ahisma
02-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Does anyone have experience with the sizing? And, are the leggings okay for boys or are they they more fitted, like for girls?

Jo..
02-26-2010, 10:45 AM
WOW! TFS.

Smoking deals, especially with the free ship.

I got a cardigan, leggings, tank top, shorts, swimsuit, and doll all for $35 shipped!

Melaine
02-26-2010, 10:46 AM
We have dolls, 4 Petal dresses in L, solid leggings in XL and hoodies in XL. I feel that the leggings run smaller than the rest (at least the solid ones). Part of it, I think is that they are stretchy and if you look at the models the sizes seem to vary. I think they are going for comfy clothes that fit for awhile....so the pants should work as capris maybe? My girls are tall for their age....39 1/2 inches and I think the L dresses will work next year (over leggings). Hopefully the XL hoodies will still look fine but the XL leggings might be super short by then.
I LOVE the clothing though, it is very soft and has washed well. I haven't placed a clearance order yet, because I'm afraid DH would kill me....will have to butter him up tonight.

lchang25000
02-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Very cute clothes. More so for girls than boys IMO...

Melaine
02-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Very cute clothes. More so for girls than boys IMO...

Yeah, I think that must be what they decided too. They don't have any boys' stuff in the new line.

Melaine
02-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Does anyone have the skort in size large?

twowhat?
02-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Would these work for 31-inch tall 22 pound toddlers with long torsos? Which size??

BargainMomforLuke
02-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks Melanie. I ordered DD a few things. I know Jo raves about this line.

I also got a pair of the dolls for DD & a niece to put in the gift closet. Cute!

Melaine
02-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Would these work for 31-inch tall 22 pound toddlers with long torsos? Which size??

The size chart says M for 20-25 lbs, but if it were me I would probably order L, I think. But I tend to always try to size up.

Melaine
02-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks Melanie. I ordered DD a few things. I know Jo raves about this line.

I also got a pair of the dolls for DD & a niece to put in the gift closet. Cute!

I really think the dolls are precious. And the clothes come off, which I didn't expect!

eliasmom
02-26-2010, 12:51 PM
TFS!!! I just ordered a heap of stuff for DS and for gifts. If only I could squeeze ginormous DD into this stuff. :)

Jo..
02-26-2010, 02:35 PM
I was JUST cleaning out DD's closet, but these prices were too good to resist. I especially love the pink and blue stripe. Did you see the little swimsuits? ADORABLE.

Everything I got was an XL because DD quickly outgrew the M and L

TwinFoxes
02-26-2010, 02:40 PM
This is a great tip. I'm going to order Large I guess...twowhat and I have the exact same size kiddos! Skinny and long.

crl
02-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks! (I think.) I ordered a couple of "sets" of leggings and cardigans in xs and then a few things for down the road.

Catherine

calv
02-26-2010, 04:59 PM
any clearance dresses left? where do i look, only the clearance section?

MamaSnoo
02-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!!!

bandgsmama
02-26-2010, 05:33 PM
thank you! i love their stuff! great deal!

Melaine
02-26-2010, 06:20 PM
any clearance dresses left? where do i look, only the clearance section?

I think all the dresses are still regular price, sadly. I love those petal dresses.

Guys, I just finally placed my order for $180!!! Not sure I've ever bought that many clothes all in one place. (Some were full price, from the new line).

I also committed to DH not to buy ANY MORE clothes for the girls until after July 4th. No toys either. I'm a little worried about my ability to do so...might have to stay off the BBB!

Can't wait to get all these fun clothes though!

FYI: HGB doesn't seem to send shipping notifications. My last order arrived in about a week though, just so you know.

calv
02-26-2010, 06:29 PM
WOW Melanie. Until July? You crazy woman you. ALl the power to ya. Wish I could hold off that long. Anyway, just in time for the target toy sale ;)

Jo..
02-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Melaine! JULY???? The entire Tea Collection line is now 99 cents!!!

(just kidding :P)

JanBaby
02-26-2010, 09:41 PM
I think all the dresses are still regular price, sadly. I love those petal dresses.

Petal dresses are $8!

ETA: The owner is also the owner of Burt's Bees! Who knew...

Melaine
02-27-2010, 12:29 AM
Melaine! JULY???? The entire Tea Collection line is now 99 cents!!!

(just kidding :P)

:rotflmao:That would be just my luck.

jgenie
02-27-2010, 01:46 AM
Thanks - I'm ordering some of the tshirts to try out and thinking about adding the dolls for gifts.

Melaine
02-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Petal dresses are $8!

ETA: The owner is also the owner of Burt's Bees! Who knew...

They added those and the tights. Really wish I could have thrown a couple pair of tights in my order. I even emailed them about them....I wonder if they will be slower shipping orders out with all the clearance.

So....July.....that is like 4 months, right? Wow....I think I might have to start a blog about the trials and tribulations of not shopping for that long.

Momit
02-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Super cute stuff, thanks!

And Melaine - good luck with the no shopping 'til July! :bowdown:

chickadee
02-27-2010, 11:27 AM
I am debating about ordering a bunch of these outfits. They are adorable! How do they hold up with washing and drying? Will they last through two girls? Thanks for sharing a great deal!

Seitvonzu
02-27-2010, 05:38 PM
i took the plunge and i'm in for 74 dollars, this got me 5 outfits (without mix/match which probably means even more), 2 pairs of tights, 2 dollars, a hat and a swimsuit.

i think that's a pretty good haul! much better than i do at gymboree anyhow :) now...i hope i put my info in correctly (i was working on memory for my cc #) and also to hope that DH doesn't think that just because something has a stripe it matches ;)

Melaine
02-27-2010, 09:41 PM
I am debating about ordering a bunch of these outfits. They are adorable! How do they hold up with washing and drying? Will they last through two girls? Thanks for sharing a great deal!

The clothes all seem sturdy, but I have had some pilling on the hoodies more so than the other clothes. They look somewhat worn because of the pilling, but not at all faded or anything like that, certainly no holes. The hoodies are so SO soft that I'm ok with that. The dresses have held up impeccably, but I have been hanging them dry. Leggings look great after washing and drying. Haven't really noticed any shrinking on anything. HTH.

lucybabymamma
02-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Wow! Couldn't resist ordering abuot $50 worth of things.

I really got caught up in ordering those little sleep hats for a few new babies on the way -- and then matching skirts or shirts for the siblings -- too cute. Resisted the matching dolls, but those are precious.
I do wish they had more info on the sizing though. That's the only thing I am not sure about....

My daughter had a dress and socks from this brand a year or so ago, and it was really great quality and super cute, so I can't wait!
Thanks for the great post!

Melaine
02-28-2010, 11:35 AM
I really got caught up in ordering those little sleep hats for a few new babies on the way -- and then matching skirts or shirts for the siblings -- too cute.

I love that idea. The hats weren't up when I placed my order! :-(

lucybabymamma
02-28-2010, 06:41 PM
On page 5 there are the little sock hats and muffin hats (for older kiddos), I think they are still there. I got the little sock hats and a shirt for the new babies and skorts/shirts/muffin hat for girl siblings or little matching shirts for boys....

Jo..
02-28-2010, 07:17 PM
the hats, dresses and tights weren't there when I ordered either. GAH! I wonder if I should place order #2. My first order was $35 exactly.

Melaine
02-28-2010, 08:23 PM
the hats, dresses and tights weren't there when I ordered either. GAH! I wonder if I should place order #2. My first order was $35 exactly.

Yes, I have to say their CS is lacking. The tights were on there when I first looked but you couldn't add them to the cart. I emailed CS about it and never heard back. Since I spent 180 freaking dollars, it would have been nice to get a couple of pairs of matching tights thrown in my order!

I am also a little annoyed that they haven't mailed updates to their mailing list about the new items or the clearance section. Just seems weird, since I joined the mailing list specifically for that.

Still, love the clothes, can't wait to get my big fat order!:love5:

Melaine
02-28-2010, 08:24 PM

To answer your question, yes of course you should. :loveeyes:

Maxlee
03-04-2010, 08:24 PM
I just got my stuff today and it is super cute! The only problem is that I ordered two pairs of strippy leggins, same size, different colors and one of them is about 6 inches longer than the other (even though they are marked the same size). I guess maybe one of them is mismarked? They are both Large and one pair is really long and the other one seems kinda short . . .

Melaine
03-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Oh yay. Stuff is starting to arrive! I really hope mine comes tomorrow.

Weird about the different sizes, Maxlee. I would measure them both and email HGB to ask which is correct, just for your reference. I would think they'd offer you an exchange or something for one of them.

Maxlee
03-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Weird about the different sizes, Maxlee. I would measure them both and email HGB to ask which is correct, just for your reference. I would think they'd offer you an exchange or something for one of them.

I just measured and sent them a message. The Large Pumpkin/Radish pair is 15 inches long and the Large Watermelon/Sky pair is 21 inches long! Anyone know which one is the correct length for the large???

Melaine
03-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Ok, this is weird an unhelpful, but the only pants I have in size Large on not the stripey leggings, but these: http://www.happygreenbee.com/shop.cfm?c=2&p=47

They are 18" so that really doesn't clear it up, huh? I have washed and dried them.

DietCokeLover
03-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes, I have to say their CS is lacking.

This was my experience a few months ago. Turned me off Big Time. They finally called me back and said that there were only two of them that worked there or something strange like that.

JanBaby
03-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Got my order today - LOVE the clothes and super good quality (at least pre-wash or wear). The only thing, and this is really stupid on my part, the swimsuit is cotton! It's old school. I like it though!

Melaine
03-06-2010, 10:11 AM
My order better come today!!! I'm so impatient.

ahisma
03-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Our order came yesterday. For the most part, I'm pretty happy. But, the sizing on the leggings is insane!

I got two L's and a M. The M is longer by 7 inches! The L's are 3" different from each other in length. It doesn't make a bit of sense.

They'll still work for "kicking around the house" pants so it's not the end of the world, but I've never seen a more arbitrary sizing system in my life.

bandklangley
03-06-2010, 03:17 PM
I got my order yesterday too and love it all! Very tempted to buy some more :) The cotton is lovely and soft and the colors are actually better than they appear on the web site. Very happy. Thank OP!

Jo..
03-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Haven't got mine yet either...but then, I still haven't gotten my Children's place order from maybe 3 weeks ago...I am losing TRACK:bouncy:

lucybabymamma
03-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Still waiting on my order, too...is there any way to track your order?

Melaine
03-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Wow, I'm sorry everyone is have crazy sizing issues.

No package in the mail today....so sad. I was really hoping it would come today.

LGS
03-06-2010, 06:44 PM
I placed an order (never heard of them before this thread) and it arrived today. It's cool that they are like sweater-knit thickness, but the sizes on the tags do not correspond to what the website says about sizes!

For example, I bought leggings/shirts in XS, or 0-6 months according to the website. But the sewn-in tag on the actual items says the size is "iL" and the attached tag says that "iL" is an "Infant Large" equal to 6 - 12 months.

I also bought a skirt/cardigan/shirt in S, which the website says is 6 months - 1 year, and the hanging tag says S is (up to) 18 months.

I bought with specific baby "stages" and seasons in mind, so I hope it works out for me. I'm a bit annoyed to be honest, but it was a super great deal.

la petite étoile
03-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I just placed two orders. My bean is scheduled to arrive on May 4 so I got a blanket, two cardigans in xs, two pairs of leggings in xs, a sock hat and a beret hat with my first order. Then I figured that this is such an awesome deal that I might as well order a size up so I can get a bit more use of of it. With my second order I got three long sleeve shirts, a kimono, and three pairs of leggings in small, and two more hats. Both orders came to $71 for 15 things, pretty good. I'm curious to see what the sizes are like since they seem to be so arbitrary. Thanks for the heads up on the deal :bighand:

crl
03-06-2010, 11:25 PM
I got my order today and the clothes are super cute and seem well-made. But I have the same sizing issue as others.

I ordered one "set" of a cardigan, leggings and hat to match. Well, the xs leggings are HUGE, the same size as another pair I ordered in small. Another "set" I ordered in xs is fine. As someone pointed out above, the tags on the clothes don't correspond to the sizes on the website.

I just contacted customer service through their web site asking for help in getting the true extra small infant size. I'll update if I hear back from them. I'm bummed because the clothes are so cute; I was going to place another order, but if I can't count on the sizes working together I don't know that I will. . . .

Catherine

lchang25000
03-07-2010, 08:29 AM
I was going to order some as gifts, but I dont think that's a good idea now because of all the sizing issues. Too bad, the clothes are so cheap and cute!

TwinFoxes
03-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I got my shipment yesterday. Everything is super cute. I didn't buy any leggings though. Just striped cardigans, long sleeved tops, and a few yoga tops. If they had the red yoga top in grown up sizes I would SO buy it for myself! (I think they call the color "spice"...) Everything is the same size. I'm glad I took Melaine's advice and got the large even though according to the chart my girls would take medium. The sleeves are only slightly long on them, so hopefully the long sleeved things will fit next fall. I'll roll them for now. :)

crl
03-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I heard back from Happy Geen Bee and they said that the color leggings I wanted in a newborn size is not available. They said that they switched manufacturers and that was why some things were on clearance and that was the reason for the size discrepancies. They suggested a couple of different colors that would be available in the size I was looking for. That solution doesn't really work for me so I'm just keeping the stuff as is, it's cute and I'm sure I'll make it work with plain tops/bottoms. But if anyone is interested in checking on sizes, I would suggest trying to call to order/clarify sizing.

Catherine

BargainMomforLuke
03-08-2010, 02:08 PM
3 things are missing from my order but I was charged the full amount that I originally ordered. I will contact them to see where the other items are.

ETA: CS got back to me very quickly & the other items will ship tomorrow. I'm a bit peeved there was no packing slip in the package & no communication re. this. Oh well. The quality is very good & the prices are excellent for what I received.

stillplayswithbarbies
03-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I got my stuff and it's nice. But who wears a sweater knit bathing suit?? That's just odd. I guess I assumed they were at least a t-shirt type of knit. Kind of sorry I ordered that, it's useless.

I do like the dolls and in fact I placed another order and got two more of them.

And I ordered smaller outfits since their sizing is strange. The size M leggings are about twice the length of her legs LOL. But the petal dress in M fits her fine.

lucybabymamma
03-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Got my items today and my order was pretty mixed up!
1. Two shirts were sent in the wrong size (not that the sizes are very accurate anyway).
2. The small I ordered was HUGE, so I don't think my two girls will be wearing their matching outfits at the same time....
3. There were a few random things I didn't order in the box....
4. I have called and left three messages over the last week and not heard back....(Twice to ask about sizes and once today to call about the order mixup).
5. A few of the things were for gifts coming up, and when I looked at their return policy it says they only issue credit and exchanges. So even if I send it back and exchange it, it will be too late...
6. AND last but not least, there was not a shipping invoice/receipt in the box, so I need to check with my credit card to what I was charged for!

Oy! Everything seems nice quality and cute but it's all random items and sizes and I am MOST annoyed because of the bad customer service throughout....

Seitvonzu
03-08-2010, 06:20 PM
we got our order today! i waited until my husband was out the door with lucy going to the library to open. didn't want to deal with my child wanting both dolls, the muffin hat on her head. etc.

i bought 74 dollars worth of stuff--the bathing suit (i like this alot- i'm going to have her wear it as long as it fits, why not?) 2 petal dresses, 1 cardigan/leggings outfit, one shortsleeve shirt/leggings outfit, 1 longsleave shirt/skort outfit, 2 pairs of tights, a muffin hat , and 2 dolls.

i REALLY like all the clothes. my two pairs of leggings are VASTLY different lengths- maybe 6 inches? even though they are the same size. it worked out okay for us though (i think) because the leggings that are "short" are the ones that "go" with the short sleeved shirt-- so i'm few them more as capris. the ones i bought iwth the cardi are long -- probably too long. we roll up alot around here.

i LOVE the look of everything. i didn't have my 2 year old to check sizes against though.... so hopefully i won't be upset when she gets home and nothing fits :) i really like how the tags look- LOVE the big safety pin dealie that is on some of the stuff too :) (if the sizes work, i think these things would make VERY attractive gifts) mine came in a domino sugar box and DH said "i thought the box was from you mom, it didn't look very professional." i mumbled something about "recycling" and "those are lu's new playclothes" i do feel like i got my money's worth and hopefully the stuff will fit well enough to work for us :)

BargainMomforLuke
03-08-2010, 06:24 PM
I bought one of the cotton swimsuits, too (not realizing it was cotton).

I will probably plan to use it as a leotard for gymnastics for DD because I think it will be too droopy & uncomfortable as a swimsuit.

Melaine
03-08-2010, 08:09 PM
So I got my order. Everything was correct as ordered (sorry to those whose orders are totally mixed up! ) Also, all the sizes were the same for both twins, so that was a relief. I still find their sizing to be inconsistent across different items, even if it is consistent from item to item. That may make no sense.

The tank tops in XL are tiny, I think. I would size them 24months at a glance. The skorts are sized generously on the other hand and my kids will be great with the L that I ordered.

I'm pretty happy with everything. I was expecting the bathing suit to be knit so no surprises there. We may use it as a leotard as well, but I think it looks really comfy. I love the skorts. Not sure how the kimono tops will work. We made need to wear them over something, although I'd hoped they could go solo. Board shorts are cuter than I thought online. I, of course, love, love, love the dolls and I'm saving them for Easter.

I also bought the new skirt, shirt, pants and dress. AHHHH I love them. They definitely run a bit big (or perhaps true to size) but they are so cute and super soft.

I don't think the tank tops are going to fit, which is a bummer since they go with other stuff. Oh well. Sorry these orders have been so crazy for everyone. Hope you are able to make returns if needed.

Avispa
03-08-2010, 11:58 PM
ok, you finally convinced me, I just placed an order for $37! Thanks for the post!

Jo..
03-09-2010, 12:35 PM
My order came and I am happy. The tank seems to run smaller than the rest of the items but there is enough stretch that I won't care.

Everything I got was pink/blue stripe in XL. The cardigan/legging set will be too big for awhile yet. The tank/short set is perfect for now/this summer. The doll is huge! The little bathing suit is adorable and we will use it for playing in the water table in and sprinklers in the yard.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/joellenh/012-12.jpg

MamaSnoo
03-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Mine came yesterday. One item was duplicated. Two items were missing. I had ordered 15 items in total. The quality is good, but the sizing on the leggings is wonky as PP mentioned. In my case, the smaller leggings will fit now, and the larger ones will probably fit the snoo when she is 4! The sizing on the tees and skorts looks good. I think for the prices that I am very happy.

Sorry to those who have had bad CS experience. I called about my missing items. They were very nice, and said they would ship them right away, no charge to me. They said I could keep the extra tee, no charge. Not sure what I will do with 2 bright green long sleeve tees, but I guess one can live at daycare LOL! I would say that I was satisfied with the CS experience, assuming they come through as promised.

I think they are a small business; the woman said they had hired some extra help because of all the extra sales with the clearance. She thought that was why there were errors with my order.

FWIW, I liked the organic rice box my stuff came in. Reduce, reuse, recycle!

MamaSnoo
03-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Oh, and Jo....your daughter is really cute!

TwinFoxes
03-10-2010, 08:15 AM
My order came and I am happy. The tank seems to run smaller than the rest of the items but there is enough stretch that I won't care.

Everything I got was pink/blue stripe in XL. The cardigan/legging set will be too big for awhile yet. The tank/short set is perfect for now/this summer. The doll is huge! The little bathing suit is adorable and we will use it for playing in the water table in and sprinklers in the yard.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/joellenh/012-12.jpg
They need to hire your daughter to sell their stuff! What a cutie pie!

I'm actually thinking of ordering more stuff. I really like it...

Melaine
03-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Wow. Now the website says "All clearance is final sale, we cannot accept any returns or exchanges". That seems kind of lame of them considering the wide variety of sizes people seem to be getting!

TwinFoxes
03-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Wow. Now the website says "All clearance is final sale, we cannot accept any returns or exchanges". That seems kind of lame of them considering the wide variety of sizes people seem to be getting!

I just noticed that too, and I was wondering if I had just missed it before. Hmm, I'm reconsidering that second order. :irked:

Seitvonzu
03-10-2010, 09:59 AM
so i dressed lu in one of her petal dresses (radish/orange) and her radish/orange tights-- LOVE LOVE LOVE it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she looks ADORABLE and SO comfy!

she didn't protest for a minute having that dress go on-- she seems to love it :) we've been having dressing issues, so this was a tremendous relief.

i wish they had cooler colors (lu looks a little sallow in the warm colors) but i'll get over it. i think the colors are "cool" and fashionable-- just not the exact colors for my girl
(the watermelon and blue is MUCH better for her...so i'm looking forward to her wearing that outfit :)

i'm contemplating another to really push my easter prizes over the top. i'm not sure.... i don't return mail order stuff usually anyhow. hrm......

Melaine
03-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Can't resist showing a pic: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/MamaMelaine/th_HGBnew.jpg (http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/MamaMelaine/?action=view&current=HGBnew.jpg)

I love the new line!

dylansnan
03-10-2010, 12:03 PM
My first order arrived yesterday. (I made another order a couple of days after the first- I couldn't resist)
I am happy with it. I was hoping the small sized shirts and pants would be more the "infant small 0-3 months" but they are not. The large pants are more capri length, but that is ok.
For the bargain I think it was all a great deal :D

Jo..
03-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Melaine, they are beautiful!!!

DietCokeLover
03-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Can't resist showing a pic: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/MamaMelaine/th_HGBnew.jpg (http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/MamaMelaine/?action=view&current=HGBnew.jpg)

I love the new line!

They look darling!

Seitvonzu
03-10-2010, 08:29 PM
jo & melaine -- i LOVE how your little girls look in these clothes/pics! so HAPPY :) love it! i think that "real" kids in the clothes really sells them. i took some pics of lucy today too, but need to download them off the camera. i just loved how comfy she looked and wished i could get away with wearing the same thing (and wishing my outfit loooked that CUTE for 9 dollars!) :)

Melaine
03-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Ok, I know this borders on obsessive, but I just HAD to share. The Polly & Friends dresses with matching doll dresses totally fit on the HGB dolls! Check it out! Since the dolls are going to be Easter gifts, matching Easter dresses is just too tempting!

You can find these usually at Marshall's or TJ Maxx, in case you haven't seen them and they are very reasonable, $15-$18 typically for the set.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/MamaMelaine/DSCN4020.jpg

stillplayswithbarbies
03-12-2010, 12:41 PM
hmmm so I wonder if the outfit from the Happy Green Bee doll fits American Girl dolls?

Melaine
03-13-2010, 08:11 AM
hmmm so I wonder if the outfit from the Happy Green Bee doll fits American Girl dolls?

I'm pretty sure the HGB clothes would be way too long and skinny. I had to cinch the waist on the dress because AG dolls are chubbier.

MommyofAmaya
03-13-2010, 10:44 AM
I love the stripes. Sebastian really needs some short sleeve shirts. Do you think the kimono tops will work for a boy? He is really "pretty" and is always mistaken for a girl anyway, so I don't suppose it matters. I've been resisting this thread so far, but am starting to cave.

JanBaby
03-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Just placed my second order - I love this stuff!

crl
03-13-2010, 10:07 PM
I admit it. I did go ahead and place a second order even though I had sizing problems with the first. The clothes do seem really nice, especially at that price. So I ordered a bunch of tops and just one skort. I avoided the leggings since that seems to be the main issue.

Catherine

Edensmum
03-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Okay so I placed three orders. What is wrong with me? I got the blue stripes for ds who's 2.5 months and they fit great, then they added those onesies in larger sizes, love the blue on him so I had to order again. The smalls are huge for him still so I had to order some other things in xs. Sigh. It's super cute though, the sweater knit is really nice and light weight. It's super cute. I love the blanket for him too, so I got a couple more, where else can you find a large blanket that's organic and such fun colors for $8?

Avispa
03-13-2010, 10:52 PM
For those of you who got their order(s), how long did it take from the time you got your order confirmation? I got my order confirmation on Monday and I can't wait for the stuff to arrive!

crl
03-14-2010, 03:00 AM
I think it took a little over a week. And it came STUFFED into a priority mail envelope.

Catherine

Melaine
03-14-2010, 12:08 PM
I love the stripes. Sebastian really needs some short sleeve shirts. Do you think the kimono tops will work for a boy? He is really "pretty" and is always mistaken for a girl anyway, so I don't suppose it matters. I've been resisting this thread so far, but am starting to cave.

I don't know. The kimono tops are not my favorite. They just don't seem to fit my girls quite right. They look a bit baggy on them. They might be fine on a little baby boy, but an older one not sure.

Melaine
03-14-2010, 12:09 PM
A little over a week for me too. And mine came UPS (although they told me it was shipped regular USPS) in a Staples box. I think they try to recycle packing materials, which I like.

stillplayswithbarbies
03-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes but I don't like when they recycle food boxes! I don't want cockroach eggs or any other kind of bugs coming into my house. And I especially didn't appreciate a box from meat being used. That just seems risky and unsanitary. The produce box was not a good idea either. Germs. Bugs.

I wouldn't mind a Staples box. But using food boxes is not a good idea.

Avispa
03-14-2010, 01:05 PM
A little over a week for me too. And mine came UPS (although they told me it was shipped regular USPS) in a Staples box. I think they try to recycle packing materials, which I like.

ok, thanks for the info. I guess I'll start to get excited on Monday :)

Melaine
03-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Yes but I don't like when they recycle food boxes! I don't want cockroach eggs or any other kind of bugs coming into my house. And I especially didn't appreciate a box from meat being used. That just seems risky and unsanitary. The produce box was not a good idea either. Germs. Bugs.

I wouldn't mind a Staples box. But using food boxes is not a good idea.

Oh I missed that someone got a meat box. UMM yuck. Yeah, I wouldn't be ok with that either.

veronica
03-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Great, i wish I would have read about the meat boxes. I placed a small order this morning but certainly don't want to deal with that........

Melaine
03-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Great, i wish I would have read about the meat boxes. I placed a small order this morning but certainly don't want to deal with that........

Everything I got was packaged and sealed in it's own plastic bag if that helps you feel better.

Seitvonzu
03-14-2010, 03:55 PM
mine was in a domino sugar box-- and i didn't think about it being unsanitary or having bugs, just, um weird. my husband commented on it seeming unprofessional. i'm glad it wasn't meat or produce though-- staples would have been fine.

i'm going to try lucy's skort on when she wakes up and i might place another order. the more i think about the clothes we got, the more i like them. SO cozy. i might order a dress for my neice....hrm.

dylansnan
03-14-2010, 04:24 PM

I had a smallish order 6 or so items and a doll. It was all stuffed in plastic mailing envelope. Plus each item was in its own plastic package. Maybe yours will come like that.

chickadee
03-15-2010, 09:10 PM
I received my order today and am very happy! (My credit card was charged on March 3rd for anyone wondering how long their order might take.) My husband said my younger daughter looks like an elf in the green and radish striped chemise and tights. He thinks it is very cute for the holiday season. I also ordered a couple outfits with the many color stripes. Thanks again for posting this deal!

crl
03-20-2010, 11:00 PM
How long have orders been taking? I got my first order in a reasonable amount of time, but I still haven't gotten my second order--placed on March 7th. I sent an e-mail today inquiring, but no response yet. (Since it's a small business I'm guessing it's not likely I'll get an answer over the weekend.)

Catherine

Avispa
03-21-2010, 11:16 AM
How long have orders been taking? I got my first order in a reasonable amount of time, but I still haven't gotten my second order--placed on March 7th. I sent an e-mail today inquiring, but no response yet. (Since it's a small business I'm guessing it's not likely I'll get an answer over the weekend.)

I placed my order on March 8th and still haven't received it yet. Could you please post what they tell you when they reply? Thank you!

dylansnan
03-21-2010, 11:40 AM

This is me too. I made my 2nd order on the 7th and still haven't received it. I also sent an email late Friday. I guess we'll see what they say. I wonder if they are just overwhelmed with orders....

I love this stuff, though. And have to stop myself from going back and looking at the site, 'cause I know I'll find more things to order.

Melaine
03-21-2010, 01:48 PM
From the facebook page, it looks like it is taking awhile for everyone to get their orders. I'll admit their CS is pathetic. They really need to work on it. Hope your order comes soon!

chickadee
03-21-2010, 02:56 PM
My order took about 2 weeks to arrive. When I emailed to check the status, they sent me a nice reply and let me know they were a little behind due to all the orders for the clearance items but my order was on the way. I would hope you get your items on Monday or Tuesday if you ordered two weeks ago.

dylansnan
03-22-2010, 11:07 AM
My second order came this morning. All looks good :thumbsup: Hope those who are still waiting get their orders soon.

crl
03-22-2010, 09:06 PM
I got an e-mail response saying they would check on my order. That was first thing this morning. No order and no further word from Happy Green Bee.

Catherine

Avispa
03-22-2010, 09:35 PM
I got mine this evening! I'm really happy with it, everything looks great!!

la petite étoile
03-23-2010, 02:14 PM
I had placed my order on 3/6 and finally I got my order on Thursday 3/18 so it took awhile. The XS leggings I ordered were waaaaay bigger than the S I also got. Overall the clothes are really cute and seem well made. I washed everything and they seem to wash up nicely and not fade or anything.

crl
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM

Catherine

My March 7 order just arrived. It came in a typical shipping package--those heavy, plasticy envelope things.

Thanks!
Catherine

ETA: When I unpacked it, there's a note saying they ran out of something I ordered so they made a substitution and included a pair of socks with the order. Honestly, I'd have to check the order to see what the missing item/substituion is, but personally, I'd prefer to be contacted or have the missing item left out altogether as a general rule. The only "outfit" I ordered is there so in this case, I'm not upset.

I also noticed when I went to their website recently the clearance leggings now have some sort of explanation about sizes.

kevinsmama
03-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Like the PP, my order, too, was substituted with other items. 2 of the items I ordered were substituted by something else they "hand-selected"; I was NOT happy about this. I would've preferred that they just refunded my money back but I guess they just didn't want to deal with the process. They also included a note saying they threw in a pair of "free" matching socks for inconveniencing us but there were no socks to be found in the package; whatever...

It took well over 2-1/2 weeks for the order to arrive and after waiting 2 weeks I sent their customer service an email and left a voice mail message but they never called back or replied. Totally not impressed with the company and I'll never order from them again.

veronica
03-30-2010, 07:40 PM
So, ummm....I got my Apple & Eve juice box just now;).

I am serioulsy dissappointed. I spent $42 on 8 items , which is not bad. I received a little "note" saying they made substitutions on an item that they ran out of .

Only 2 out of 8 items came correctly.

Now what?-I can not believe they did not contact me about all the substitutions!!!!!!!!

Melaine
03-31-2010, 07:53 AM
Oh Veronica, that's crazy! I'm so sorry....I hope you are able to get it touch with them. I would call, rather than wait for them to respond via email. That's ridiculous. Although, I will say, the hoodies are SO nice, but still not cool.

TwinFoxes
03-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Poor Melaine! I keep feeling like you feel responsible for HGB's poor customer service. I was totally happy with my order! So you should take credit for my experience. :)

Melaine
03-31-2010, 08:06 AM
Poor Melaine! I keep feeling like you feel responsible for HGB's poor customer service. I was totally happy with my order! So you should take credit for my experience. :)

I do feel bad! I'm glad some people are happy though. I think it's a shame that they have such nice products but really seem under-staffed and poorly organized. Finding affordable organic (not to mention fair-trade) clothing is exciting, but you really want a company that you can support and recommend....not sure they are that company after all!:shake:

Seitvonzu
03-31-2010, 09:39 AM
everytime i see this thread pop up on the list i want to order MORE. even when it's a "complaint" posting....so obviously we were really really happy with our package. everytime my child wears her stripes i smile. she loves to wear them too :)

crl
03-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Oh Melanie, totally not your fault! I'm VERY happy with the actual clothes and the prices were just unbelievably good. I just post so other people can decide whether or not they want to order, you know? For me it's been fine, but if I were trying to order outfits to give as baby gifts or something, between the slow shipping, the size confusion and the substitutions it might not have worked out.

Catherine

veronica
04-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Update: I called all day yesterday an no one ever answered. I finally succumbed to emailing them and asked to get a prompt reply.

In the meantime, here is the cardigan they got right. The pants they sent a size smaller but they fit. The shirt was supposed to be long sleeve.

Is this too feminine for DS? I did put green chucks on him to man him up! I guess it's too late now anyway...

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/bonjovi_photo/happy%20green%20bee/DSC07248.jpg

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/bonjovi_photo/happy%20green%20bee/DSC07249.jpg

LMPC
04-01-2010, 11:29 AM
I think he looks adorable!! The colors are so great on him! I tend to have a wide range of what I feel is gender appropriate (so take my opinion as you will), but I don't think it's too "girly." I think boys clothes are so drab to begin with -- this look is fresh and so fun!

lucybabymamma
04-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I agree! I think the colors are cheery and look appropriate for a boy or girl. He looks adorable and I bought similar outfits for gifts for friends, who have boys, and also for my own daughters (the beanies are too cute).....

jgenie
04-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Machine wash? Dryer or hang dry?

Melaine
04-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Veronica, he looks precious. I love the classic look....those colors look great on him.

veronica
04-02-2010, 08:31 AM
thank you! DH took the kids to a park and into town yesterday, and everyone loved DS's outfit!

I also got a very nice reply from HGB. They actually don't keep track of what they ship (which explains lack of packing slip....). They asked me what pieces did not work out and are trying locate substitutes. Otherwise, they might credit me.

They sent an awesome reversible hoodie that I love and did not originally order. I am baffled as to why they sent a M since I only ordered items in L and XL. I also got two kimono tops as substitutes that I definitely did not want so we will see what happens. At this point, I'd just take the hoodie in a size that fits DS. Strangely enough, some of the items I did order are still available in the sizes I ordered but they never sent them to me. I wish the website was a bit more accurate!