PDA

View Full Version : How to reheat a pot roast?

alien_host
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Maybe this should go in cooking, but I need to know for tonight. ;)

How would you reheat a leftover pot roast? I have the meat leftover. I need to make a batch of potatoes/carrots to go with it since there was none left. There is some of the gravy/liquid from when I prepared it the other night but not a ton. I think I need to make some more gravy.

Would you heat it in the oven? Microwave? I'm afraid it will get dry and yucky!

khalloc
02-26-2010, 12:43 PM
I would prepare new gravy, then slice up the pot roast, put in the carrots and potatoes in pan on the top of the stove and heat everything up in the gravy, so it doesnt dry out.

Melaine
02-26-2010, 12:46 PM
I've sliced, covered it, poured in some liquid (broth, gravy, water) and heated low-ish in the oven. Definitely better than when I did it in the microwave.

bnme
02-26-2010, 12:57 PM
I heat it on top of the stove. I add in some broth to whatever gravy is left. I just let it simmer slowly until warm. If there are potatoes or veggies they get dumped in the pot too. I serve over egg noodles or we use to make sandwiches -yummy on a nice rool with melted cheddar.

ThreeofUs
02-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Use a low heat source, but don't put it in the microwave! Make sure there's plenty of liquid on it, maybe some more veggies, and cook slllloooowwwwlllyy.

We have a gas stove, so reheating is best for us in the oven.

alien_host
02-26-2010, 04:42 PM
thanks! I think I'll try the stove top method.

Has anyone reheated in a crock pot? It was cooked there originally but I wonder if it would take too long to heat through the meat?