PDA

View Full Version : used Cam

Sweetum
02-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi,

I'm lost in stroller land too! Constantly moving between the Bug, Vista, BJ and then rethingking if I really need a new stroller! And thingking about retail, used etc.

Anyways, I was looking at our local CL for a Bug Cam and found that the lowest price was $400. and the average was $500. Some of these were 2006 and some were 2007 models. Does that matter? Is there a preferred DOM for these? And if I do go to check them out, what should I be looking for?

Also, there were some in pink, and we're BLUE here. Wondering if I can change that. Bug owners. could you tell me?

Thanks a lot!
SunshineAndMe

PGTB
02-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi,

I'm lost in stroller land too! Constantly moving between the Bug, Vista, BJ and then rethingking if I really need a new stroller! And thingking about retail, used etc.

Anyways, I was looking at our local CL for a Bug Cam and found that the lowest price was $400. and the average was $500. Some of these were 2006 and some were 2007 models. Does that matter? Is there a preferred DOM for these? And if I do go to check them out, what should I be looking for?

Also, there were some in pink, and we're BLUE here. Wondering if I can change that. Bug owners. could you tell me?

Thanks a lot!
SunshineAndMe

One of the differences I heard between older versions of Cam and the newer are the tires. Older versions used air tires (which require more maintenance and especially buying used I would think). Since 2008 or 2009 (don't know exactly) they started using rubber over foam type of tires that won't deflate.

Otherwise it depends on what condition the stroller is in, it could also be that even though the stroller is from 2006 some parts of it like chassis or wheels might have been replaced more recently (e.g. newer), so something I would ask when buying used.

As far as colors, the good thing about the used Cam I think is that you also can buy new fabric for it to make the colors fit your taste and make the stroller look like new (as long as the base color works). I think going with black base or dark gray or brown (or even navy) gives you lots of possibilities to customize it. If the stroller is black base and pink hood and upper seat fabric you can always replace the pink part. Don't know about fabric compatibility with older versions, vs new, so something to ask those who have done it. I thought it would be so nice to be able to get a used Cam in very good condition with brown base and then buy Paul Frank scurvy fabric (green pattern) to freshen it up :)