PDA

View Full Version : Store in NYC area that allows you to try strollers outside

PGTB
02-27-2010, 11:17 AM
I heard some stores have areas where you could take the strollers to try out on sidewalk like surface outside. My friend told me there is one in Bay Area that allows to do that. Are there any stores in NYC that have some outside area to try strollers out that would also have a good selection of strollers?

lareigna
02-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Try strollers in the smaller baby boutiques. They're usually more personal and will get someone to walk with you. As for the bigger baby stores, I know that BRU will let you try the carseat in your car first. Maybe if you spoke to the manager, I don't see why they wouldn't walk with you to try the stroller outside.

Karinyc
02-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Maybe like the PP suggested, you can try the smaller stores (Schneider's, Planet Kids, Albee, Little Folks). All these are smaller yet have a broader stroller selection than Babies R Us. You can also try Giggle (they seem a little friendlier than other boutique type stores). Won't hurt to ask.

PGTB
02-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Maybe like the PP suggested, you can try the smaller stores (Schneider's, Planet Kids, Albee, Little Folks). All these are smaller yet have a broader stroller selection than Babies R Us. You can also try Giggle (they seem a little friendlier than other boutique type stores). Won't hurt to ask.

I've been to Schneider's and Little Folks and Giggle as well as BRU and Buy Buy Baby and never thought of asking them since none really have any outside area. I never saw anyone trying strollers outside of the stores especially that may not be plausible on busier dirtier streets like where BBB and Little Folks are located. Since I don't yet know which store I would end up purchasing the stroller from, I feel I don't want to be such a PITA customer messing with their floor models. If the store actually did that for other customers on regular basis (or had dedicated closed off outside area) I would feel less apprehensive to ask..