PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen Avatar?

Tracey
02-27-2010, 04:04 PM
I was wondering if this would be appropriate and/or hold the attention of a 6 almost 7 yar old. Thanks!

bluestarfish18
02-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Probably not. It's a loooooooong movie, 2 1/2 hours. Maybe when it comes out on DVD, you could break it down into 2 movies.

Karenn
02-27-2010, 04:21 PM
I've seen it. It would scare my 5 & 7 year old to pieces. I'm sure it would hold their attention. It'd also give them nightmares for weeks. They're pretty sensitive movie watchers.

rupptopia
02-27-2010, 04:31 PM
I would think the fight scene at the end would be too scary, but I guess it depends on the child. The final battle is very realistic & long. Especially in 3D!

here is the breakdown: http://www.kids-in-mind.com/a/avatar.htm

codex57
02-27-2010, 04:34 PM
My nephews can handle it, but my BIL/SIL don't totally screen their viewing. Nothing R rated, but I think PG-13 stuff has been seen by them. And ultimate fighting, altho they do try and get the kids out of the room when fights are on (but you know kids, they sneak peeks).

That said, I wouldn't mainly cuz it's LOOOONNNGGGG. My nephews could handle the material, but they'd go bonkers being cooped up that long.

Pennylane
02-27-2010, 04:42 PM
We just saw it last night and I don't think I would take my 8 year old to see it. Pretty violent in some parts and more cursing than I am comfortable with.

Ann

kozachka
02-27-2010, 10:06 PM
We saw it recently in 3D, which is the way to go, and my 6 year old would be to scared by it.

Fairy
02-27-2010, 10:12 PM
No way would I take a child under the age of 8 to this at the youngest. Violent.

Jenny_A
02-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Just saw it. LOVED it! Not a movie for kids!

kristenk
02-27-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm sure it would hold their attention. It'd also give them nightmares for weeks.
:yeahthat:

newg
02-27-2010, 10:40 PM
violent and also some sexual stuff.......nothing actually seen, but very very implied...............we saw it in 3-D and I was amazed there were kids in the theatre with us.

Carrots
02-27-2010, 10:47 PM
As an adult, I loved it, but I wouldn't take a young kid to see it (JMO). It had scary and violent parts and it was LOUD.

Toba
02-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Saw it IMAX in Atlantic City for Valentine's Day with my sister and her husband, both of my parents, and a married couple that are very close friends with my family. We didn't pre-order the tickets, so when we got there we found that the show had already sold out. We had to buy tickets to the next show (9:45 PM) and then find something to eat since the planner (my sister) was completely unrealistic on when we'd get there and how long it would actually take for us to eat (mind you, the restaurant that would seat us immediately ... it took over three hours to eat there and the bill was freaking astronomical). We lined up early for the movie and got good seats (especially since we were a party of eight). It was loud and loooong, but it held my interest (which is rare these days). I'm not a big sci-fi geek, but I actually liked the movie ... I thought the plot was interesting. There were a few violent scenes and kind of implied sex. When it comes out on DVD, I'm pretty sure we'll let our 6-year-old see it. Maybe we'll watch it again to make sure that he could handle, but he's a tough kid and loves that kind of movie.

Tracey
02-28-2010, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the info, guys! I'm glad I asked. I will save this one for DH and I to go see by ourselves.

Tondi G
02-28-2010, 03:36 AM
Took our 8 year old and 4.5 year old. They both LOVED it! Saw it in 3D. I was amazed that my little guy sat for the whole thing. They are not easily scared by things so they might not be good kids to judge it by. There is some language (B*tch is said etc.). My kids were not phased. They can't wait for it to come out on DVD!

essnce629
02-28-2010, 05:28 AM
Just saw it. LOVED it! Not a movie for kids!

My feelings exactly! I definately wouldn't take my 6 year old to see it.