PDA

View Full Version : Yay! It Pays to Be a Nerd! (and a Question)

Indianamom2
02-27-2010, 06:15 PM
For those who follow The Pioneer Woman blog, I've been entering her "Word Nerd" contests under the homeschooling section. I've always loved reading, writing and words in general. It's fun for me to try to get the questions right, plus she gives away some great prizes.

Anyhow, I've been entering in the hopes that I might just be lucky enough to win one of the Kindles she's been giving away. Well, I didn't win the Kindle, but I did win a $75 Amazon.com gift card!!! WOHOOOOO!!!! :bighand::cheerleader1::boogie: I so needed that this week...it's been a LONG week.

Anyhow, what would you buy from Amazon, just for fun, with $75?

Also, does anyone own a Kindle and like/dislike it?

Thanks!

dhano923
02-27-2010, 06:19 PM
I got a Kindle last month and LOVE it! I read a lot and always have reading material with me. The Kindle is perfet because it takes up limited space and I can have all my books at my fingertips. There are a lot of free/cheap Kindle books out on Amazon too. If you get one, make sure you get a good cover for it too. I got an M-Edge one that I really like.

bubbaray
02-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Congratulations!

Hmmm, not sure what I'd buy. Her book, I guess (when I win stuff, I like to get something I will remember the win with). DVDs? CDs?

Indianamom2
02-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks, I did already buy her cookbook for Christmas.

I wish the Kindle wasn't so expensive. I'd really love to have one (I think) but I know in a couple of years, the price will come down so much that I hate to buy it at full price now, KWIM? Then again, when it comes to books/reading, I'm really not good at being patient!

JTsMom
02-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Nice! Congrats! I'd probably go for books.

elephantmeg
02-27-2010, 08:57 PM
I've had my kindle a few days and LOVE IT! love it, love it! I got the hot pink case for it too. I got a work bonus so used part of that money for it. So many free/low cost books on amazon-I'm having a ball! And its so nice to be able to read and have the book remember where you are. That's really, really nice!

Melaine
02-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Oh congrats on your win! That's always fun....hmmm $75 on Amazon. I'd probably spend a week or so just browsing and check slickdeals to see what kind of awesome bargain you can't resist....you could get almost anything on Amazon, hard choice!