PDA

View Full Version : P & PT for Marie Osmond and family

BabyMine
02-27-2010, 08:03 PM
My prayers go out to this family in this hard time. I can't imagine what she is going through. First Andrew Koenig from "Growing Pains" and now this. According to TMZ he left a note about not being able to deal with depression.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/marie-osmonds-son-commits-suicide-1540395.story?GT1=28135

Quote:

"Osmond family members have notified ET that Marie Osmond's son Michael Blosil leapt to his death Friday night in Los Angeles. Contacted by phone this morning, Donny Osmond tells us: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Wow. I cannot imagine. Quakes, Tsunamis, suicides, such a sad time. PT for her and her family. Tragic.

tnrnchick74
02-27-2010, 08:43 PM
So sad! :grouphug:

dcmom2b3
02-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Devastating to lose a child in any way, but to suicide? I don't think I'd be able to go on. My heart goes out to her and her family.

Fairy
02-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Devastating to lose a child in any way, but to suicide? I don't think I'd be able to go on. My heart goes out to her and her family.

I would not. I would absolutely want to die. I am really shocked about these, it's so awful. I'm so sorry for Marie. As for Andrew Koenig, I have met Walter a zillion times at cons and worked with him a couple times, not that he's know me from Adam. I feel positively awful for this man. He's a kind of quiet, melancholy guy. This is going to kill him.

I'm so sorry for both of these families.

Melaine
02-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Oh wow. Such sad news....I'm really sorry to hear about it.

ThreeofUs
02-27-2010, 11:33 PM
So very sad. How shocking and awful.

DrSally
02-27-2010, 11:35 PM
I just read about this. So sad.

bigpassport
02-28-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm a Marie Osmond fan. I recently saw her show with Donny in Vegas. This tragedy is so incredibly sad. She has a strong faith and a strong family. Our prayers are with her.

maestramommy
02-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Oh my gosh! That is just so, so tragic. I can't imagine what Marie and her family must be feeling right now. Prayers for them all.

SnuggleBuggles
02-28-2010, 04:06 PM

Those were my thoughts too. I couldn't imagine the pain in knowing things were so awful for your child that they would want to do this. Truly a terrible thing. I am sorry for any family that has had to go through this.

Beth

dcmom2b3
02-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Those were my thoughts too. I couldn't imagine the pain in knowing things were so awful for your child that they would want to do this. Truly a terrible thing. I am sorry for any family that has had to go through this.

Honestly, this is the thought that's the touchstone for my empathy for my ILs, who have been pretty crappy to me (and other family members, too, as it turns out) since their son committed suicide. While it doesn't excuse their behavior, the awful, unimaginable pain does explain it somewhat.