PDA

View Full Version : need stroller for 2 + reality check

ewpmsw
02-28-2010, 03:16 PM
I've looked at the sticky and posts in this forum and could use some direction. We're expecting in August, when DD will be 27 mos. I don't anticipate needing a dual stroller once DD is in preschool, but we'll need something for shopping, vacation and walking in the meantime. The features I want in a stroller don't seem to line up with anything I've seen so far, so I might need a reality check.

- sturdy wheels (prefer tires like BOB)
- compact, esp. in length; not wild about the width of duallies
- accommodates infant seat, converts to regular seat like a sit 'n stand
- reclining seat, not just bench, for older child
- willing to consider most price ranges, since I have time to look at consignment, sales, etc.

I wish BOB offered the side seat feature like Phil & Ted's. I don't want to buy another BOB, or replace the one we have with a Phil & Ted's. I know I am being difficult and will have to adapt to what's out there. Any advice would be much appreciated.

hillview
02-28-2010, 04:07 PM
I wish I could help! We have a P&T. Now we mainly use 2 singles as DS1 is older and rides only on vacation with 2 pushers :)
/hillary

jacksmoma
02-28-2010, 04:22 PM
check out the bumbleride indie twin- like the bob, but much much shorter and nicer :)

mmsmom
02-28-2010, 05:12 PM
You may want to consider that it could be easier to wear the baby while you are out the first few months so you wouldn't need the doubke right away & you may not need the option to have an infant seat. That said I believe the Baby Jogger City Mini Double meets your criteria.