PDA

View Full Version : "improved" lansinoh pads

indigo99
02-28-2010, 07:58 PM
I've been using the lansinoh pads and didn't like that they were a little rougher than the J&J pads, but I needed the larger size so I put up with it. I just bought a new box though, and it looks like they've "improved" everything. The pads got a bit softer maybe, but the little wrappers got more difficult to tear open. The pads (which have always been folded in half) are also stuck together so you have to pull it apart to open it, and they have a couple of little darts put in to make it a little more conical instead of just round. It did bunch up a little before, but the little darts are showing through thinner bras so I don't think that's much of an improvement. Overall, I think they shouldn't have messed with anything.

catpagmo
02-28-2010, 10:59 PM
I just got a box of the new ones, too, and I like them. I think they are softer, and they seem to mold to my breast better, and show less through my bras. I agree, though, about the wrapper being harder to open. They also seem a bit thinner.

Momof3Labs
03-01-2010, 12:21 AM
I much prefer the new ones. They lay flatter and don't show through clothing as much as the old ones, at least on me.

alexsmommy
03-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Ah, poor company can't win.... I much prefer the old design and just grabbed the last three boxes from my baby depot. BRU only has the new ones. I'm seriously considering calling around to try to buy up some old ones.

viba424
03-04-2010, 07:36 PM
That annoys me when companies do that. I think they are changing the bottle of my stupid Act Fluroide rinse for a regular top. Thats the only reason I buy that stuff. Now I feel like I need to go out and hoard it.

BTW, my new box of lansinoh pads are the new design (from drugstore.com). Why did they have to mess up the easy open wrapper - and have you noticed they sort of stick together when folded in half? You almost have to pinch them to get them to pull apart. Arrgh!

NewMom2007
03-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I posted this exact same thing about a month ago! :)

I even called the company and asked why they felt the need to make the change. They listened to me, but said they did have focus groups and decided to make the "improvements" - and, I couldn't believe it, but the rep actually send me a box of the old style.

I checked at Target last month and the new style was only in the 60 box, the old style in the 30 box. So, maybe check that out.

I'm now used to the new style. I don't love them and I hate that the edges stick together and I lose a couple in every box b/c I end up tearing them when opening the wrapper, but I like them well enough.

indigo99
03-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Well after using the new ones for a few days, I've decided that the pads themselves actually are improved. They are softer. I found that the edges on the old ones would sort of crumple up and not lay flat after a while, and the new ones don't seem to have that problem so they're less irritating.

However, I really do think that the changes to the wrappers were a mistake.