PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Plus size nursing bras

NBooRey
03-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi All,

I'm 18 weeks along and I just tried my first shop for bras, what a nightmare. I went to Motherhood Maternity (grr, except I found a cute top and dress) and they didn't have my size bra, or even measure me. I'm typically a 38/40 D in Victoria's Secret brand, and I tried on a 40 and 42 E at MM, but I was already overflowing the top of the cups. They tried to convince me to buy this bra to work for "right now" until I found something better-but it was exactly the same as the bra I'm wearing. Why would I spend the money on something I already have in terms of fit??!?!!

Anyway, I need recommendations. I plan to nurse and I like structure-underwire, lined cups to bolster me up. What can you recommend?

THANK YOU!!!!

Andi98989
03-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I picked up a Medela 38J from a local lactation supply store when I was pregnant. Loved that bra! Try the "Where to Buy/Rent" on the right side of their page and see if there is someone who locally sells their bras.

http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/intimate-apparel

Now I'm wearing a Goddess bra that I got from breakoutbras.com; they carry all sorts of sizes. When I ordered from them, I contacted their customer service and told them what I had been wearing, gave them my current measurements, and sent some pictures of my current fit so they could help me find a good bra. The one they recommended most worked great for me.

wendibird22
03-01-2010, 11:10 AM
I love Anita brand and they come in a big range of sizes. Check out birthand baby.com.

BabyBearsMom
03-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Try Nordstoms. They have a good selection and trained people who can measure you there and find the right fit for you. They also tend to carry larger sizes.