PDA

View Full Version : Any one has experience with both BJCM and Peg Perego Si?

newnewsmama
03-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I am debating between these two. I have a BMW 3, which is a pretty compact car with limited trunk space. I currently own a Bugaboo Frog. But it takes up a lot of trunk space, esp. inconvenient when doing grocery shopping.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with both BJCM and Peg Perego Si and can do a little comparison for me. Which one do you like better and why?

Thanks a lot!

jacksmoma
03-01-2010, 06:06 PM
I've owned two bjcm's and one si....if it will be your "car" stroller then get the si- the bjcm is better if it's your only stroller as it handles outside better. the si is very nice...

newnewsmama
03-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I've owned two bjcm's and one si....if it will be your "car" stroller then get the si- the bjcm is better if it's your only stroller as it handles outside better. the si is very nice...

Thank you for your insight. It will be mainly be my car stroller. So I think the SI is better for me.

sweetsoul99
03-02-2010, 02:55 PM
I did extensive research on both and tried them both out in the store. I like the BJCM better, but it is relatively wide, not really good for an indoor stroller, like the PP said, much better if it's your only stroller.

I ended up with the mac Techno, it's easier to steer than the si, the extendable hood is a little better, as it can be pulled down with the seat reclined. Although the basket on the si is MUCH better. I got my 2009 on craigslist for 220 at the end of last year.

newnewsmama
03-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I did extensive research on both and tried them both out in the store. I like the BJCM better, but it is relatively wide, not really good for an indoor stroller, like the PP said, much better if it's your only stroller.

I ended up with the mac Techno, it's easier to steer than the si, the extendable hood is a little better, as it can be pulled down with the seat reclined. Although the basket on the si is MUCH better. I got my 2009 on craigslist for 220 at the end of last year.

Thank you. I don't know whether I am mechanically challenged but I have difficulty folding the Mac Techno. I briefly owned a Techno XLR (the bigger and heavier one in the Techno series) and it was very cumbersome so I sold it. The Techno XT is lighter but still heavier than my liking.

strollerqueen
03-06-2010, 05:08 PM
You could also check out the new Peg Vela, or the older Peg Aria. I really like the Aria for indoors or smooth terrain. Great canopy, snack tray, and 14 pounds! I like the Si', too. That probably maneuvers better outdoors, if you need both.

newnewsmama
03-09-2010, 01:35 PM
You could also check out the new Peg Vela, or the older Peg Aria. I really like the Aria for indoors or smooth terrain. Great canopy, snack tray, and 14 pounds! I like the Si', too. That probably maneuvers better outdoors, if you need both.

Thank you! I like the metal look of the Si. Most Pegs are too plastic looking for me with the exception of the Si. ;)

jacksmoma
03-09-2010, 04:10 PM
fyi i was just deciding between the si and bjcm and went with a inglesina trip off diapers.com for $144 shipped next day! like a mac but not as tippy, cupholder (!), bigger sunshade and same great tiny umbrella fold (and i like the all black seat with black frame, hot!) decided bjcm is just too wide for shopping and errands (that was my gripe when i had it before) and the seat is too slumpy for my 10 month old. i like the si but think it's wayyyy overprice for what you get and still too much plastic for me. check out the inglesina trip!

Suzanne74
03-15-2010, 10:20 AM
I was looking at both too. I love that darn fold of the Mini but ultimately it still takes up a lot of room in the car and is not as narrow as the Si when navigating stores. I have also heard kids outgrow it quickly. Plus the Si has a more upright seat, a larger basket, a cupholder, plusher fabric (especially on the sides) and the 2010 have a bumper bar to add toys or a fabric snack tray. I love the wheels and thinks it pushes much better then most and could go across mulch/dirt/grass better then a Maclaren anyday. I also think it is super easy to fold and it is much more compact for any future travel. Good Luck!