PDA

View Full Version : Carrycot

juilet6452
03-01-2010, 04:56 PM
So my husband and I decided to purchase the Mountain Buggy Duo Stoller. Now we are trying to decide whether to purchase the twin carrycot.

We live in Chicago and I would prefer to use the MBD when walking around the neighborhood with the twins than the double snap n go because of the wheels. The carrycot for the MBD seems so much more comforable for twin infants then strapping them into the MBD (which I have been told you can due because the seat lies flat and it has infant harnesses) and I like that with the carrycot the twins will face me rather than away from me. The only thing I worry about is whether I will get enough use out of the carrycot to justify the cost. I am having the twins in June and envison going for walks quite often. However, the twins will be our first children and I am not sure if I will have much time to leave the house and therefore use the carrycot to enough. I fear that I will buy it with great intentions and then only leave the house a few times to go for walk through the city during the first several months.

I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

twowhat?
03-01-2010, 11:40 PM
My opinion is that it isn't worth the money. The stroller canopies should (I hope!) have windows so that you can see down to your babies. And they won't be looking much at you anyway - they will be sleeping if the stroller is moving! Since the recline is flat, you can just lay the babies down with blankets tucked around, or use a snuzzler if it makes you feel better. We have a Baby Jogger double and our twins were perfectly comfy with seats fully reclined as newborns. We didn't even bother tucking blankets around them unless it was cold - the swinging motion of the reclined seat and the moving stroller put them right to sleep!

ETA: if you live within walking distance to groceries, drugstores, etc...then yes you will have "time" to go for walks with your twins. It's one of the easiest ways to get out of the house, because they tend to sleep while in any moving vehicle. And if you can go for a walk AND grab a few groceries, that's a bonus!! Plus when you get home, I would highly suggest that you park the stroller in your bedroom and lie down to try to nap as long as they continue to sleep in the stroller:) Same goes for the car - if you drive anywhere with them (doctor's appts, etc), when you get home - park the car, shut it off, and take a nap in the car until they wake!!

fivi2
03-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Congrats on the twins and welcome to the boards!

I have no advice on the carrycot - we had a double snap and go and then the baby jogger. IMO, if it is something that is easy to order, I would wait and see if you need it before you buy. I know I overbought things that I ended up not needing. You don't need much *immediately* so I would just wait and see if you feel like you would use it. (but if it takes a long time to order, that could be a problem).

As far as walking goes, I agree with pp that is one of the easiest things to get out and do. The babies are usually happy in the stroller out in the fresh air, and you get to feel like you are part of the world!

Please ask away if you have any more questions! Good luck with everything!

twowhat?
03-02-2010, 02:53 PM
we had a double snap and go and then the baby jogger. IMO, if it is something that is easy to order, I would wait and see if you need it before you buy. I know I overbought things that I ended up not needing. You don't need much *immediately* so I would just wait and see if you feel like you would use it. (but if it takes a long time to order, that could be a problem).

Oh yeah, if you do any driving to run your errands, I'd seriously consider getting a double snap n go - so your babies can stay asleep in their car seats while you transfer them to a stroller frame. Lifesaver for us since we have to drive everywhere. Not so useful if you have to walk everywhere since it really only rolls best on smooth surfaces.