PDA

View Full Version : How often do you get your hair cut?

Meatball Mommie
03-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Just curious...

I have shoulder-length hair w/ long layers. I am lazy and/or cheap and don't get my hair cut very often...once every 6-8 mo? I was wondering what others do and why. I'm assuming that those women who color their hair would get it cut more often, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I have highlights, but they are very subtle and I usually only get them one time a year (ok, I sound really cheap there, but it's so frivolous for me - not like I'm covering grey hairs or anything).

lchang25000
03-01-2010, 05:48 PM
My hair is somewhat long with layers and sideswept long bangs and I get my haircut about every 4 months. A trim is recommended every 6-8 weeks, but I see no need for that. I used to get a straight perm every year when I lived in LA. My hair is thick and a bit wavy so I have to use a flat iron when I leave my hair down since I haven't had a straight perm in a while.

sewarsh
03-01-2010, 05:49 PM
What about 6 weeks-3 months? I'd say that's me, but not a polling option.

SnuggleBuggles
03-01-2010, 05:54 PM
3-6m. Depends on how old the kids are, it would seem. :) When I have more time then I do it more often. But, since ds2 has been born I haven't been going as much but I have a hairstyle that that works for. Generally I know when it's time to go in based on whether my hair is looking good any more if I put effort into it.

Beth

Meatball Mommie
03-01-2010, 05:54 PM

oops! Sorry about that...it's been a long day!

Twins2000
03-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Me too! I usually get my hair cut every 2-3 months.

Melaine
03-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Ahhhh...used to get it done all the time (every 2 months?) but since the girls were born I have had 3 professional cuts. So I guess my average is 1 per year....:bag

In between, DH or my sister can both do a good job of giving me a trim. When I decide I want a new style I go to a professional.

Melbel
03-01-2010, 07:53 PM

:yeahthat: Generally at about 8 weeks. My hair grows quickly and I have some subtle highlighting that I like to keep looking natural.

smiles33
03-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Usually every 6-8 months, depending on when it gets shaggy. I have very straight slightly past shoulder-length hair cut in long layers. When I feel the need to wear my hair up in a ponytail every day, then I know I'm overdue for a haircut!

mamicka
03-01-2010, 08:08 PM
At least once a year, sometimes 2 if I'm lucky.

Not often enough.

Jo..
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Almost never. Probably once every 12-14 months.

I have long wavy hair that doesn't require frequent cutting, and I am too cheap.

HIU8
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I have short curly thick hair. I have to get it cut every 4-6 weeks or I look gross. I have had long hair before and I hated it. I look really bad in long hair (I don't have the face for it). Short hairs looks really good on me, but it's a lot more upkeep than a longer style.

ilfaith
03-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Usually it's every 3-6 months...but closer to six. I had it cut a couple of weeks ago for the first time in more than seven months and felt well overdue.

My hair is currently shoulder length and cut in long layers. I'm torn between cutting it short and letting it grow longer "one last time" (I put "one last time" in quotes, because I've been saying this since my late 20s, and have grown it long on several occasions always believing it will be the last time before I am "too old').

smilequeen
03-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Every 6 weeks I get my hair trimmed and have my highlights done. Except when pregnant then I get my haircut and skip the color until the 2nd tri.

lizzywednesday
03-01-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm lazy, so I get a haircut whenever I think of it. The last one I had was September 11th, before my sister's baby shower; the next one I will have on Wednesday (3/3) ... just in time for Baby!

Also, my stylist parted ways with her salon so it's hard to arrange times for her to come see me! It was much easier to go to a salon on the way home from work than it is to figure out a day/date for her to visit. (Although I really do appreciate it this week because I am TIRED.)

MelissaTC
03-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I am a 6-8 weeks kind of girl.

hillview
03-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I am random. I usually get it cut 2x a year or less frequently. I get it cut to shoulder length then I let it grow til it gets too long and chop it.

Recently I've had more grey! so I've been getting it colored with a 1 process color which lasts 6 weeks so I have to come up with a second plan either no color or color ever 6-8 weeks. SIGH.
/hillary

baymom
03-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Maybe twice or three times a year. I have curly hair, so it doesn't quickly look too long--the length just goes into the next curl... That, and I'm too lazy.

jgenie
03-02-2010, 03:31 AM
I used to go every 6 weeks without fail - now it's every 3 or 4 months.

MoJo
03-02-2010, 07:35 AM
I said 3-6 months, but normally it's somewhere between 6 weeks and 3 months.

If I go longer than two months, the weight of my very fine but thick shoulder-length hair pulls the top flat, and DH can't stand that.

(Of course, now that I'm pregnant, NOTHING seems to help. DH tells me I need to stop reading things that say women have more beautiful hair in pregnancy and lose weight while BFing, because they just aren't true for me.)

egoldber
03-02-2010, 07:42 AM
I have short, very thick hair that grows freakishly fast. I get mine cut every 6 weeks or else it looks gross.