PDA

View Full Version : vista question? moving the toddler seat to RF and FF

cakebreak
03-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Hello all -- I'm a FTM and just purchased the 2010 Vista. I'm practicing using the stroller as my little one will be arriving soon and I'm having a difficult time switching the toddler seat back and forth, putting the bassinet on, and even putting the car seat adapter on. It seemed so much easier in the store. It really clicked in like a dream! I don't know if it's because it's brand new or maybe it's user error on my end. Did anyone else have any issues like this? Will it get better with time?

Thanks in advance!
liz

barkley1
03-01-2010, 08:21 PM
I have the 2009 and have never had any problems with the click. Every now and then I'll accidentally put the adaptor on backwards, and it doesn't fit as well....maybe that's what you're doing? If all else fails, I have my DH try - he always gets it first try - without reading the manual LOL! Good Luck! We've LOVED our Vista :)

cakebreak
03-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks for your help! Well, it just seems like everything I try to put in isn't as easy as the store model. Anyone else have feedback?

PeppyParents
03-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi,

We've heard periodically from customers that attaching the different pieces (the seat, bassinet, or adapter) on the Vista seems a little tough, but we've always told them to try to keep working with it for a week or two... it almost always loosens up to become effortless, so it's probably because your stroller is straight out of the box right now.

I can only remember one customer in the past few years who still complained after giving it a little time, and UPPAbaby sent her a new frame, which resolved it.

HTH!

cakebreak
03-01-2010, 10:27 PM
It sure does help! I was really hoping that I didn't have to lug it all back to the store. I will keep at it and hope that it becomes a bit easier. If it doesn't, it sounds like Uppa's customer service will rescue me.

:) liz

bw52
03-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Ours seemed harder to get on at first, too. I remember thinking that maybe something was wrong with it, b/c it was much easier in the store. But it works fine now. It just needed a little breaking in.