PDA

View Full Version : Question about Maclaren handles

Roni
03-01-2010, 08:47 PM
People really seem to love Maclarens on this board, but do the umbrella-ish handles bother you? Are they all that way? We had a Combi Ultra-Savvy, and you could lean on the handle or push w/ one hand, or attach something light to the handle without tipping it. It was really light-weight and could fold up really well. I'm having trouble being sold on the two umbrella handles idea. Do I sound crazy? Whatever I get is going to be something I find on CL, so I may be able to get another Combi of sorts, but maybe I'm off base in what I'm worrying about.

Neatfreak
03-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I have two different Maclarens, and the handle design is the same. It's the same on all models, IIRC. They are awesome for one-handed steering/pushing. The design and height is also something that I really like - my DH is 13" taller than I am, and it's comfortable for both of us. I can hang a light things on the handles of my lightest Mac - the Volo - and it doesn't tip over, but a bag of groceries is just better to go in the basket.

SnuggleBuggles
03-01-2010, 09:53 PM
I have a Volo and the handles are fine. I don't love them or hate them. I think I prefer the single handle like on my Graco Metrolite but to get the fold like a Volo I would accept them.

Mine really isn't tippy in general but there are times that it does tip.

Beth