PDA

View Full Version : If you have 2 Britax car seats RF

jgenie
03-02-2010, 12:51 AM
what kind of car do you drive? We have a Land Cruiser and I thought we would have no problems fitting our car seats in it. That was before I found out about extended RF. We have DS1 outboard on the passenger side and DS2 in the middle because we can't put him outboard on the driver side if we want DH to be able to drive. I would really like to have them both outboard because I'm worried DS1 will somehow hurt DS2 while I'm driving. TIA

daniele_ut
03-02-2010, 12:56 AM
We have a Marathon RF in dh's Subaru and I know that car is smaller than your Land Cruiser! You likely need to install your seat a bit more upright to gain some more space. An older child doesn't need a 45 degree angle of recline. Ours is more like 30 degrees. If you push down on the front of the seat (where your child's legs will be) while tightening the belt, you can get the seat much more upright.

jgenie
03-02-2010, 01:03 AM
We have a Marathon RF in dh's Subaru and I know that car is smaller than your Land Cruiser! You likely need to install your seat a bit more upright to gain some more space. An older child doesn't need a 45 degree angle of recline. Ours is more like 30 degrees. If you push down on the front of the seat (where your child's legs will be) while tightening the belt, you can get the seat much more upright.

Any chance you know where I can look for a picture of a seat that is installed closer to 30 degrees? TIA

MommyAllison
03-02-2010, 01:07 AM
DD is FFing now, but both kids were RFing in Marathons our Chrysler 300m sedan - and I actually fit a Snugride in between them for my niece on occasion!. I had 2 RFing seats in our Chevy Blazer quite a few times too. Our kids are always both outboard. I'd ask in the carseat forum for RFing pics of older kids to see recline angle.

jgenie
03-02-2010, 01:17 AM
DD is FFing now, but both kids were RFing in Marathons our Chrysler 300m sedan - and I actually fit a Snugride in between them for my niece on occasion!. I had 2 RFing seats in our Chevy Blazer quite a few times too. Our kids are always both outboard. I'd ask in the carseat forum for RFing pics of older kids to see recline angle.

Thanks!!! I'll try posting there as well.