PDA

View Full Version : Now I totally see

kijip
03-02-2010, 01:20 AM
how someone can become a couch potato. My new couch is a blessing and a curse...in that it is super comfortable and that it is super comfortable. We all fit on it (it's a sectional) so it's not uncommon now for us all to be sprawled on the couch just to be sprawled on the couch. And to think I thought my house was tidy and my dinners cooked and that we did fun stuff out of the house because I was an organized, hardworking, fun-loving sort. No, not at all. Apparently it was because my old couches were just not that comfortable to sit on. The first thing Toby did when he sat on it was to lay down and say "WOW, this is cozy".

So be careful what you wish for...I wished for, search for and finally found a nice, newer, sectional on Craigslist. It literally took several months of regular checking. And now I have it and don't really want to get up. :p It also makes the living room really look nice and pulled together.

TwinFoxes
03-02-2010, 08:23 AM
This is great...having just couch shopped I know how hard it is. Our couch is comfy, but I think I could have picked one that worked better with our space. Oh well...

SnuggleBuggles
03-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Ha! :) Maybe that's our problem too. We have a lovely, 3 piece sectional that is just a wonderful place to hang out.

Good job finding one you love!

Beth

hellokitty
03-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Nice! Do you mind if I ask what brand you got? I just noticed yesterday that our sofa is literally thread barren. The chenille has come off to the point that you can see the bare white threads (and it's a dark chenille). We'll probably end up getting a new set sometime in the next yr.

lchang25000
03-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Our couch is EXTREMELY comfy! I slept on it every night for 3.5 months with no backpain after DS was born!

sunshine873
03-02-2010, 09:27 AM
My couch is old & not comfortable at all...and I still spend too much time on it! :)

That said, we've been couch shopping for years...yes, years. It seems when we find things we like they end up being way to $$$ so we just stick with our old stuff. Sure would like to find something comfy and didn't cost an arm and a leg!