PDA

View Full Version : So Kate Gosselin is back on TV.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Just when they were starting to fad, I mean fade, away...

Dancing with the Stars announces Kate is on the new season!

KpbS
03-02-2010, 01:37 AM
That is crazy! I was literally thinking today about how I hadn't heard anything in a while and was hoping that the older two girls especially were getting along ok in school--hoping that all the kids were in therapy and could fade into the background. What an attention hog! Wow, that is just sad.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-02-2010, 01:47 AM
Isn't it crazy???? Better her than Jon! I agree, I really hope those kids are doing well.

LarsMal
03-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Crazy-yes, but at least it's just about her this time! There have been plenty of moms on the show before, so I think of it more as a working mom thing. More power to her if she can make a buck- as long as she keeps the kids out of it. Now, Pam Anderson...really?!? I hope they have the censor button ready!!

lchang25000
03-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Kate and Pam??? Hmm...this will be very interesting...

Looking forward to seeing LYSACEK dance!! :yay:

Here's the list of celebrity contestants:
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv.accesshollywood.com/tv.accesshollywood.com-kate-gosselin-chad-ochocinco-shannen-doherty-among-new-dancing-with-stars-cast

blisstwins
03-02-2010, 02:36 AM
I absolutely adore Pam Anderson--I think she is hilarious and she strikes me as a sweet person and warm mother. Kate....not so much.

hellokitty
03-02-2010, 09:10 AM
You know, if would be funny if both Jon and Kate were on that show (but with different partners of course). Can you imagine how competitive it would be, lol?

DietCokeLover
03-02-2010, 09:49 AM
you know, at least if she's going to be on a reality show, at least it's not one she'll do a lot of talking on!

sewarsh
03-02-2010, 10:07 AM
i think its PATHETIC!!!! How can she possibly have time for DWTS if she has 8 kids and is a single mom?? Sad, sad woman IMO.

LarsMal
03-02-2010, 10:15 AM
i think its PATHETIC!!!! How can she possibly have time for DWTS if she has 8 kids and is a single mom?? Sad, sad woman IMO.

She was on GMA today and is going to commute back and forth. She will dance in her basement or in a studio while her kids are at work and then again in her basement after they go to bed. She'll travel to LA for the shows. I don't see how that's really any different than a working mom who happens to travel. Sure, she's a media whore, but she has 8 kids and needs to make a living!

I am certainly NOT a fan of Kate Gosselin, can't stand her really, but for some reason I'm not bothered by this. She probably won't last long anyway. Then she can hopefully disappear again...at least for a little while!

BabyMine
03-02-2010, 10:18 AM
She has to earn a living. Since Jon was sued and lost to TLC she is the only one working. ( I really need a life) At least she is doing something that doesn't give her a forum to her talking about her life.

LarsMal
03-02-2010, 10:23 AM
At least she is doing something that doesn't give a forum to her talking about her life.

And will (hopefully) keep her kids out of it- for the most part. They'll be in school most of the time, and I'm sure she won't cart them back and forth for every show. I'm sure we'll see them some, but it won't be *about* them this time.

**oh, and her extensions looked a bit better on GMA today- shorter and more natural!

boolady
03-02-2010, 10:32 AM
She will dance in her basement or in a studio while her kids are at work and then again in her basement after they go to bed.

I know you meant at school, but this was funny to me. I don't know why-- maybe because they've already put in a lot of working years in front of the cameras.

LarsMal
03-02-2010, 11:30 AM
I know you meant at school, but this was funny to me. I don't know why-- maybe because they've already put in a lot of working years in front of the cameras.

Oh...oops!!! Yeah, I meant school! :D

zephyr
03-02-2010, 11:54 AM
OMG! Jake Pavelka from The Bachelor will also be on the show! I will not be watching because of Kate.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I vote Pam has the wardrobe malfunction, it's much harder to keep melons covered than oranges. And I am a melon girl so I should know!;)

Too bad Octo Mom wasn't on, too. :rotflmao: That would be interesting!:jammin:

lchang25000
03-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I vote Pam has the wardrobe malfunction, it's much harder to keep melons covered than oranges. And I am a melon girl so I should know!;)

Too bad Octo Mom wasn't on, too. :rotflmao: That would be interesting!:jammin:

I hope she doesn't lose her balance often and fall forward on her face. :ROTFLMAO:

Twoboos
03-02-2010, 01:33 PM
You know, if would be funny if both Jon and Kate were on that show (but with different partners of course). Can you imagine how competitive it would be, lol?

I was thinking this too - I'm sure the producers tried to make it happen!

DrSally
03-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Wow. I wonder how she would have time to train with the kids to take care of. I don't follow them much, does she have multiple nannys?

elektra
03-02-2010, 01:39 PM
She was on GMA today and is going to commute back and forth. She will dance in her basement or in a studio while her kids are at work and then again in her basement after they go to bed. She'll travel to LA for the shows. I don't see how that's really any different than a working mom who happens to travel. Sure, she's a media whore, but she has 8 kids and needs to make a living!

I am certainly NOT a fan of Kate Gosselin, can't stand her really, but for some reason I'm not bothered by this. She probably won't last long anyway. Then she can hopefully disappear again...at least for a little while!

ITA. Hope she's out early though. I do not enjoy watching her do anything.

sewarsh
03-02-2010, 02:08 PM
of course she has to make a living, but i don't see how she can do all that commute and travel to LA with 8 kids at home. sorry, i don't see it.

you may say that she's no different than any other working mom who has to travel, but again, i don't agree....she's choosing to take this job and travel away from 8 EIGHT!!! kids.

i dont see how she can pull that off, but really i don't care. i've never watched their show or DWTS. i just see her all over magazine shoots and TV shows and i find it a bit sickening.

K-Bear
03-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah, but she does have to make lots of money. That talked about TLC show doesn't seem to be going anywhere, nursing doesn't pay enough money for what she needs (the million dollar mansion, 8 kids in private school, household help). Being on TV is the only way she'll make the type of money needed to support her and her family in that lifestyle. She has to do something to keep herself in the public eye, kwim?

I'm not necessarily a fan of hers either but I understand she has to do what she has to do.

LarsMal
03-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah, but she does have to make lots of money. That talked about TLC show doesn't seem to be going anywhere, nursing doesn't pay enough money for what she needs (the million dollar mansion, 8 kids in private school, household help). Being on TV is the only way she'll make the type of money needed to support her and her family in that lifestyle. She has to do something to keep herself in the public eye, kwim?

I'm not necessarily a fan of hers either but I understand she has to do what she has to do.

:waving4: :waving4: (one wave wasn't long enough!)

K-Bear
03-02-2010, 03:14 PM
:waving4: :waving4: (one wave wasn't long enough!)
back 'atcha!:)

momof2girls
03-02-2010, 03:58 PM
But remember folks....her kids always come first!

Kidrepair
03-02-2010, 08:06 PM
wow...she looks so different..I haven't seen her since J&K+8 was on the air..I would have never guessed that was her..

AnnieW625
03-02-2010, 08:33 PM
This seriously irritates me to no end and I love DWTS. Like the other post a month or so ago in regards to taking 8 hrs. to get those extensions done I wonder what the heck those 8 kids are doing without her. End of rant! Can't wait for March 22nd!

gatorsmom
03-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Well you know, "The show must go on!" :rolleye0014: (her words not mine)

mommysammi
03-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Is it even possible for her to have a "normal" life again? Sigh, feel so sorry for the children, so sorry.

sewarsh
03-03-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't know how true this is, but if so, that's not right. I mean if he wants extra time wiht the kids, shouldn't the dad have that right over a nanny??:

Us Weekly reports that Jon Gosselin is very unhappy. “Jon’s angry because doing ‘Dancing With the Stars’ will keep her away from the kids for days, and she still won’t let him have any extra custody,” a source close to Jon Gosselin told Us Weekly. “Nannies will watch them instead of Jon.”

maylips
03-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm just as annoyed with Jake the Bachelor. I mean, this guy is supposedly a pilot, but he spent, what 6 weeks + promotions for the Bachelorette, then another 2 months + promotions for the Bachelor and now he's on DWTS. I heard someone today say something about the "reality wheel" and once you start, you almost have to keep going and milk it while you can because the public will forget you so quickly.

Okay, but yeah, I'm annoyed with Kate, although I never liked that show or anything about that family. I wish she and Jon both would just go away but I guess fame is really intoxicating.

lchang25000
03-05-2010, 03:20 PM
http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/dwts-tony-dovolani-kate-gosselin-is-definitely-not-the-best-dancer-201053

She looks great! Well...except for her fake bake. :ROTFLMAO: