PDA

View Full Version : Travel bed

Tinochka
03-02-2010, 01:36 AM
We are planning to travel in late April. We'll be using airplanes and a train, and a bus. I am thinking the best way to keep my two kids (25 months and 10 months) happy:). I was thinking to have a pack-n-play, but it's too heavy and you'll be not able to use on the train (luck of space). I am thinking about KidCo PeaPod portable bed... Are they different in sizes? Any other suggestions? Where was you able to find a deal? Thank you, ladies!!!

hillview
03-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Can you just co-sleep? We sometimes do the PNP and sometimes just cosleep as after 2 years kids only wanted to cosleep or sleep in a bed.
/hillary

DietCokeLover
03-02-2010, 09:54 AM
The Pea Pod Plus is actually bigger and will go til about age 6 for most kids. We love ours and use it whenever we travel. So handy! My DC still need "boundaries" around them when they sleep, so these are perfect for us.

I bought one of ours from One Step Ahead and another from diapers.com.

newg
03-02-2010, 09:32 PM
I was just looking in the One step Ahead catalogue and they seem to have lots of travel sleep options......including toddler size blow-up beds.........

jbrandy
03-02-2010, 09:32 PM
For your 25 month old I would suggest the Regalo Fold Up Cot: http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-My-Cot-Portable-Bed/dp/B000H1MRJO We have one of these and used it while traveling last summer. It is AWESOME!!! It folds up the size of one of those small folding chairs that you can sling over your back and carry. My son was just over 2 when he used it and we are still using it. DS will turn 3 in April and we have used it at least 2 dozen times this year.

I can not speak highly enough for this cot -- I would give it 5+ stars!!

Best wishes!

MCsMom
03-03-2010, 12:12 PM
We have been using the Phil and Ted's Traveller for DD and it's worked out well.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11478222&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|48022&N=4013957&Mo=7&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=48128&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

They are going really cheap at Costco right now if you are a member!

vonfirmath
03-03-2010, 01:03 PM
I guess the Costco one is bette rthan a Pack and play -- but it doesn't last enough longer than the Pack and play to be worth buying one after the pack adn play is outgrown.

We went from the pack and play (which our son climbed out of at 25 months) to a sleeping bag on the floor (next trip -- 28 months) for our son.