PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With the Stars celebrity contestants announced!

lchang25000
03-02-2010, 02:37 AM
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv.accesshollywood.com/tv.accesshollywood.com-kate-gosselin-chad-ochocinco-shannen-doherty-among-new-dancing-with-stars-cast

Who they will be paired with will be announced tom. on The Today Show. Looking forward to seeing Lysacek dance! :yay: Who will you be rooting for?

Fairy
03-02-2010, 04:06 AM
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv.accesshollywood.com/tv.accesshollywood.com-kate-gosselin-chad-ochocinco-shannen-doherty-among-new-dancing-with-stars-cast

Who they will be paired with will be announced tom. on The Today Show. Looking forward to seeing Lysacek dance! :yay: Who will you be rooting for?

Just came here to post this. Boring, boring, boring this time around. Go Evan, Buzz, and Shannen, I guess.

Momit
03-02-2010, 04:21 AM
Buzz Aldrin - that's pretty cool.

TwinFoxes
03-02-2010, 07:45 AM
Go Evan, Buzz, and Shannen, I guess.

I read this and thought "Buzz who? The only Buzz I know of is Buzz Aldrin, it can't be him." Well, imagine my surprise when I clicked the link! That's pretty cool.

I don't know if you follow football, but Chad Ochocinco is a VERY famous player. He's very good, but he's also one of those players who does outrageous things...like legally change his last name from Johnson to Ochocinco because 85 is his number. He's like Terrell Owens with out the psychosis. He will be fun to watch I bet.

Actually, I never really watch the show. I did see a few episodes when Apolo Ohno was on :loveeyes: And when Cloris Leachman was on I watched because I heard she was looney (in a good way). I just can't get into it for some reason...I didn't even watch when Emmitt Smith, who is one of my all time favorite football players, competed.

calv
03-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Jake? Seriously? OMG this is a total train wreck to happen. Pam? Kate? I can't stop laughing

wendibird22
03-02-2010, 09:03 AM
On People.com the producers comment that this is the cast they've been chasing since the show began. Really? Um, not sure that Kate, Jake, Erin, etc. were even on anyone's radar then.

I think I'm more excited to watch The Apprentice (which I haven't watched in years) just to see the former train wreck of an IL Governor.

lchang25000
03-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Jake? Seriously? OMG this is a total train wreck to happen. Pam? Kate? I can't stop laughing

They announced Jake would be on during the "After the Rose Show."

lchang25000
03-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Pam? Kate? I can't stop laughing

That should be interesting...

LarsMal
03-02-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't know if you follow football, but Chad Ochocinco is a VERY famous player. He's very good, but he's also one of those players who does outrageous things...like legally change his last name from Johnson to Ochocinco because 85 is his number. He's like Terrell Owens with out the psychosis. He will be fun to watch I bet.

I think this is great! I can't wait to see what he does.

clc053103
03-02-2010, 10:03 AM
I will not be watching this season - shame on ABC for giving Kate Gosselin another 15 minutes of fame. The only saving grace is that maybe she will keep her annoying mouth shut while she dances. Will they add insult to injury and have Jon next season?

And I certainly wouldn't call Kate or Jake celebrities!

sewarsh
03-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Honestly, i think its a pretty "famous" cast compared to other years, but seriously how does KATE HAVE TIME FOR THIS B.S.???????

BabyMine
03-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Yeah Evan:cheerleader1:

I don't mind Kate becasue she has to make a living since Jon is a deadbeat. That doesn't mean that I think that she is the best choice out of other people.

I can't wait to see Ochocinco. I remember when Reebox was mad at him becasue they had printed tons of 'Johnson' jerseys. They made him buy all of those jerseys before they would start printing his knew last name. I follow him a little on football but I follow him more on what he does outside of the games.

Here is his latest name change. He did the first change to honor Hispanic Heritage Month. Now he is honoring another one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Johnson-Ochocinco-quot-Hachi-Go-quot-Chad-s?urn=nfl,207862

lchang25000
03-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Yeah Evan:cheerleader1:

I don't mind Kate becasue she has to make a living since Jon is a deadbeat. That doesn't mean that I think that she is the best choice out of other people.

:yeahthat:

Fairy
03-02-2010, 12:41 PM
On People.com the producers comment that this is the cast they've been chasing since the show began. Really? Um, not sure that Kate, Jake, Erin, etc. were even on anyone's radar then.

I think I'm more excited to watch The Apprentice (which I haven't watched in years) just to see the former train wreck of an IL Governor.

I will *definitely* be watching the Apprentice for several reasons, not the least of which being the train wreck that is Blago.

Fairy
03-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Honestly, i think its a pretty "famous" cast compared to other years, but seriously how does KATE HAVE TIME FOR THIS B.S.???????

Thank you!

arivecchi
03-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I will *definitely* be watching the Apprentice for several reasons, not the least of which being the train wreck that is Blago.:yeahthat: I cannot wait! I also love to watch Brett Michaels because he is another interesting train wreck. I cannot watch DWTS. I get bored out of my mind. OTOH, I love SYTYCD.

GaPeach_in_Ca
03-02-2010, 12:56 PM
I love Chad Ochocinco! We watch that NFL training camp reality show, Hard Knocks, and it featured the Bengels this year. He's really funny and likeable, IMO.

wendibird22
03-02-2010, 01:32 PM
:I cannot watch DWTS. I get bored out of my mind.

I DVR it and then fast forward so that I only watch the dance and the scores and non of the other BS filler. Much more tolerable that way.

LarsMal
03-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I DVR it and then fast forward so that I only watch the dance and the scores and non of the other BS filler. Much more tolerable that way.

Me too! DVR has changed my television watching completely. Sometimes I feel completely ADD now- like I *can't* sit through a whole show or commercials, but it makes a lot of reality TV so much more tolerable!

We also DVR Idol, watch the singer (if they are good enough we'll watch the whole thing) then listen to what Simon has to say and FF through the rest.

arivecchi
03-02-2010, 02:22 PM
I do have a DVR, can't even FF through it!

Fairy
03-02-2010, 03:14 PM
:yeahthat: I cannot wait! I also love to watch Brett Michaels because he is another interesting train wreck. I cannot watch DWTS. I get bored out of my mind. OTOH, I love SYTYCD.

A, I'm gonna raise my hand and say, yes, I watched Rock of Love with Brett Michaels. Yes, I've been to a Poison concert. In 1988. With my boyfriend. Yes, I'm dying to see his reaction when the Donald inevitably asks him what's with the ridiculous bandana and/or hair and whether or not Brett's gonna introduce his Kettle to Trump's Pot. Brett is a major reason I'm watching, too. Yeah. I said it. I'm gonna own it.

As for DVRs, lemme tell ya, my dinosaur Tivo from 1999 that only tapes 2 shows at once is not cutting it today as I have to tape Idol, Lost, and Loser. Loser is, well, going to lose. I'll have to catch it on Hulu. I know who the final 5 are anyway, so not like I *need* to watch it. No, I am not allowed to tell.

ETA --> I did not partake in the skankfest (skankier than normal) that was Rock of Love Bus.

arivecchi
03-02-2010, 03:51 PM
A, I'm gonna raise my hand and say, yes, I watched Rock of Love with Brett Michaels. Yes, I've been to a Poison concert. In 1988. With my boyfriend. Yes, I'm dying to see his reaction when the Donald inevitably asks him what's with the ridiculous bandana and/or hair and whether or not Brett's gonna introduce his Kettle to Trump's Pot. Brett is a major reason I'm watching, too. Yeah. I said it. I'm gonna own it.

As for DVRs, lemme tell ya, my dinosaur Tivo from 1999 that only tapes 2 shows at once is not cutting it today as I have to tape Idol, Lost, and Loser. Loser is, well, going to lose. I'll have to catch it on Hulu. I know who the final 5 are anyway, so not like I *need* to watch it. No, I am not allowed to tell.

ETA --> I did not partake in the skankfest (skankier than normal) that was Rock of Love Bus. :hysterical: Ok, I just spit out my soup. You owe me lunch.

OMG, DH and I :heartbeat: Rock of Love and we DID watch the Bus Tour one. We actually ordered food and it was a special night. That show was hysterical. I hope they do another one. Cannot wait to see him on Celebrity Apprentice!

codex57
03-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Chad Ochocinco is great primarily cuz he's an active player. Previously, while the athletes were super famous, they tended to be long retired. A lot of them couldn't move well cuz of all the physical injuries and stuff that caused them to retire in the first place. Chad is still in his prime, so it'll be interesting to see. Kinda like Apollo Ohno was still in his prime on the show.

I don't blame Reebok for making him buy back his jerseys. I'm not sure that he bought any back. There's a long known rule that if you want a name/number change, you have to wait a year so they can sell all the existing jerseys.

LarsMal
03-02-2010, 05:02 PM

Loser is losing out here, too. Our DVR only records 2 programs at a time- is there one out there that does more?!? We can record two and watch something else that's already been DVR'd, but that's it.

PM me the final five. I really only like to watch the weigh-ins and who gets voted out. I love spoilers so send them to me when you get a minute and then I won't have to tune in at all for the next few weeks!

ETA: Nevermind- just reread the "no I'm not allowed to tell" part- bummer!