PDA

View Full Version : Techno XT, BJCM and Lascal Buggy Board Questions

bap_972
03-02-2010, 09:50 AM
First, thank you to everyone on here. I have read through a lot of the stroller threads and have gotten a lot of useful information.:thumbsup:

After much debate I just purchased a Maclaren Techno XT, but I still have a couple of questions. I would like to put a Lascal Buggy Board Maxi on it for DS once our new baby is born. Do these ever go on sale anywhere? I am hoping to get a diapers.com price match on the black one at some point.

Will I need a BJCM once the new baby gets a little older? I had a Techno XT that I loved (it was stolen a while back), but I couldn't find one in a store to test drive. I ordered one anyway because of how much I liked my old one.
I did find a BJCM in store and loved it :love5:
but I thought a Techno XT would be more practical for a newborn (used my old one with DS as a newborn) and for the mall, quick trips, etc. Will I need a BJCM later for all purpose use?

I currently have:
Techno XLR that I am going to sell - too big for me
Uppa Baby G-Lite for travel
Inglesina Urbe (that has seen better days - my everyday stroller)
Chicco Cortina travel system (that I hardly used for DS)

BTW, amazon has the black Techno XT for 230 - with diapers.com price match and first time customer discount I got a great deal on it.

sweetsoul99
03-02-2010, 03:06 PM
congratulations!! I love my 2009 techno. I spent some serious time debating between this one and the bjcm. I loved the bjcm, but i found the techno to fit my needs better. Mostly indoor use and traveling. The bjcm was just too wide for the stores. I doubt there is anywhere a bjcm could handle that the techno couldn't. The bjcm might give a slightly smoother ride on those rougher roads/cobblestones, but i wanted the small footprint. If you're thinking of getting another stroller to go with the techno, I'd get an AT stroller, there are some times that I wish I had one, but not enough to get me serious about it yet.

As for the lascal, i've never seen it on sale. i watched it on amazon for a while, but ended up getting it for about 89. You might want to try stroller swap. Also, you'll need the extenders. the lascal website shows you EXACTLY how to attach it onto your techno. I love love love our lascal. it has made mall trips a bazillion times easier. DD1 can even sit on it sideways with her feet pulled up when she doesn't want to stand.