PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - How do I keep ds away from kitchen all morning?

jess_g
03-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Ds is having his MRI tomorrrow and he cannot eat beforehand. Besides being nerveous about what the dr. will find, I am getting nerveous about how to handle this tommorrow morning. Usualy ds wakes up on his own and either stays in his room or goes to the computer. I will try to wake up tomorrow beforehand and watch him like a hawk to make sure he does not go in the kitchen.

Any other advice on how to keep him out of the kitchen? Our kitchen does not have any doors on it and there are 2 entrences so its going to be hard to keep him out. We will have about 2 hours of home time before we go for the appointment. I am thinking of going in early just to not be home beforehand, but not sure about this. Its not like we will have anything to do at the hospital beforehand.

Thanks,

Jessica.

boolady
03-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Can you take him somewhere? Bookstore, library, Target, etc?

egoldber
03-02-2010, 10:30 AM
What time is the appointment? I agree, get out of the house. It will keep him busy and distracted.

BabyMine
03-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Distract by any means possible. When M was younger and couldn't eat we would buy some new toys just to keep his mind off of eating. When he toldme his was hungry I told him we would eat after the procedure and then do something distracting to change the subject.

hillview
03-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Leave the house for sure!

I wouldn't go to the hospital early. I'd go as pp suggested, library, for a walk, for a drive, to see some horses. Anything :)

GOOD LUCK!
/hillary