PDA

View Full Version : Potty training twins...two potties or one?

TwinFoxes
03-02-2010, 01:00 PM
We are still way away from potty training, but D seemed at least vaguely ready for the introduction phase, so I bought a potty, which she refuses to even sit on (guess she wasn't ready after all!) But then I realized maybe each girl should have their own? How do you all do it? I'd really appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

fivi2
03-02-2010, 03:01 PM
we just had one little potty. It wasn't really a problem. But we also have an insert for the regular toilet, so in a true emergency one could sit on that.

Because we are in a one bathroom house, we still have the little potty for emergencies! Often they sit next to each other while pottying! (one on the big and one on the little). sigh... we need a bigger house.

caheinz
03-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Well, my little boys sometimes like to sit on the potty... so I ended up getting two of the IKEA ones for each the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms.

They aren't really potty training yet, but since they like to sit (especially at bathtime), I didn't want to discourage them in any way...

sue_g
03-16-2010, 04:45 PM
I would definitely recommend at least two potties. We had two in the downstairs bathroom and one in the upstairs bathroom.

Melaine
03-16-2010, 04:47 PM
We definitely needed two.