PDA

View Full Version : I need laundry help!

c&j04
03-02-2010, 04:09 PM
It's FINALLY that time where I'm off work and can start the final prep for DC!!!

Do you wash your baby clothes in hot, warm, or cold water? I plan to wash everything I have 9mos and smaller because I doubt I'll have more free time later :)

Dryer or drying rack?

Is Tide Free&Clear a decent all around option? Seems it would be easier later on to throw a few of our clothes in with baby stuff...?.

I do have a lot of stuff collected from consignment stores so I really don't know how it was treated earlier.
Thanks for all advice!

kmm
03-02-2010, 04:24 PM
I have always used Tide Free and it is really nice to be able to wash some of our things with hers. For her good things or things I thought might fade, I did line dry. But in reality, I found that there is really very little extra time and putting clothes in the dryer is much easier. Usually I leave things a little damp and hang them in her closet to finish drying.

Indianamom2
03-02-2010, 04:28 PM
I've always used All Free and Clear (or whatever their official title is!). Never had any problems with it.

I'm of the opinion that you might only want to wash a few outfits and basics until baby is here, since he/she might be especially large/small and you may need to return items. This time around, I only washed the 0-3 month stuff.

I always dried in the dryer, unless it specifically said not to.

I also wash almost everything in either cold water or warm/cold. No problems.

Andi98989
03-02-2010, 04:31 PM
I washed everything in Dynamo Free & Clear. I washed everything up to 9 months. Most of my clothes started at 0-3, which I knew he'd wear regardless of how big he was when he was born. I only had a few pieces of NB which I did wash as well.

Everything goes in the dryer except for sweaters.