PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

ourbabygirl
03-02-2010, 09:24 PM
A couple of mine are "Oh, the Places you'll Go!" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."
How about you?

kristac
03-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Horton Hears a Who

lizzywednesday
03-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Horton Hatches the Egg and How the Grinch Stole Christmas got TONS of read-out-loud time when I was a kid.

Now that I'm an adult, I've added Oh, The Places You'll Go to my list.

Frankly, I'll read just about any Dr. Seuss book out loud if requested! Even Fox in Socks, which gets tough every now and again!

malphy
03-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Yertle the Turtle is one of my favorites, although I love pretty much all Dr. Seuss.

Cam&Clay
03-02-2010, 09:53 PM
The Lorax is my all-time favorite. I read it to every class in the library today. Even though it was published in 1971, its message still rings true!

"I'm the Lorax who speaks for the trees which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please."-Dr. Seuss

mommylamb
03-02-2010, 10:10 PM
I like th moral books, so The Lorax, Gertrude McFuzz, Yertle the Turtle, the Butter Battle Book. I also have a special place in my heart for Hop on Pop and the Sleep Book. Sadly, DS mostly likes Fox in Socks... which by the way I can read really quickly without sputtering because I've read it so many times.

zoestargrove
03-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?

DietCokeLover
03-02-2010, 11:15 PM
"There's a Wocket in my Pocket" and "The Cat in the Hat"

DrSally
03-02-2010, 11:19 PM
The Lorax! I loved it when I was a kid (one of the longer stories)--Just loved the pictures and rhymes. We got a copy for DS at Kohls recently and he loves it too. I bought the book on CD so he can listen to it.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
03-02-2010, 11:54 PM
1.fox in socks.
2. wocket in my pocket
3.the sneetches with stars on their bellies.(can't remember the title)

gatorsmom
03-03-2010, 12:12 AM
I still love "Green Eggs and Ham."

elizabethkott
03-03-2010, 12:15 AM
I love The Lorax and Sneetches.
I actually have my beginner acting classes adapt these books for the stage as a class project each year. I think I can recite both entirely from memory by now!!!

sheleo
03-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Oh the places you will go and Hop on Pop always made my daughter laugh. :rotflmao:

hellokitty
03-03-2010, 12:29 AM
The Lorax is probably my favorite.

rlu
03-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Go Dog Go was my fav as a child and DS read it by himself for the first time last month.

citymama
03-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Go Dog Go was my fav as a child and DS read it by himself for the first time last month.

That's actually PD Eastman and I love it too!

My favorite Dr Seuss has got to be Green Eggs and Ham, if I had to pick just one. Happy birthday Dr Seuss!

thomma
03-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Am I the only person that can't stand reading Dr. Seuss?
It's shameful, I know...especially because I teach in the primary grades. :)

Kim
ds&dd -6

egoldber
03-03-2010, 08:34 AM
I love almost all Dr. Seuss and can recite The Cat in the Hat from memory. :) But I think my personal favorites are One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!

The only book I refuse to read to my kids is Fox in Socks.

TwinFoxes
03-03-2010, 08:42 AM
I remember loving "Hop on Pop", but for the life of me I can't remember what it's about! I just ordered it though, so I'll find out.

I also like "The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins" and "Horton Hears a Who" and "Horton Lays an Egg". I remember being very frustrated by "Green Eggs and Ham" as a kid...I think because my brother used to always harass me, and I sympathized with the guy who kept being hounded to try the green eggs and ham...and funnily enough Sam I Am was my brother's FAVORITE character.

"Fox in Socks" was fun too...but I haven't read it since I was a child, so I may discover it's not so fun to read aloud I guess?

MoJo
03-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Well, right now it's "Mr. Brown Can Moo," since my DD isn't yet 2, and I don't remember specific titles from my own childhood.

I do remember my dad HATED to be asked to read any Dr. Seuss book aloud.

clc053103
03-03-2010, 09:35 AM
The Lorax!

I also love the classic cartoons and have a Dr Suess collection on DVD that I highly recommend to all! Today it's being borrowed by DS's preschool.

boolady
03-03-2010, 10:52 AM
We love "In a People House," "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" and the body part books..."The Foot Book," "The Eye Book," etc.

billysmommy
03-03-2010, 11:12 AM
My favorites are the tongue twister ones :)

Fox in Socks
Oh Say Can You Say

I also like Wocket in My Pocket and Green Eggs and Ham

larig
03-03-2010, 11:17 AM
The Lorax is my all-time favorite. I read it to every class in the library today. Even though it was published in 1971, its message still rings true!

"I'm the Lorax who speaks for the trees which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please."-Dr. Seuss

Mine too! It is the first dr. suess book I bought for DS.

I also love did I ever tell you how lucky you are? and Yertle the Turtle. That one I have from the 70s when I was a kid. My other Dr. Suess books my mom handed down to other kids.

DS (20 months) loves the ABC book and Mr. Brown.

Melaine
03-03-2010, 11:17 AM
The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins is my favorite just because my brother named our dog Cubbins after it. I thought it was a really cute name and he was a sweet dog. Horton Hatches an Egg is my favorite storyline though.

DrSally
03-03-2010, 10:45 PM
The Lorax!

I also love the classic cartoons and have a Dr Suess collection on DVD that I highly recommend to all! Today it's being borrowed by DS's preschool.

I haven't seen the collection. I bought the indiv. Lorax, but would love to get the collection.