PDA

View Full Version : LOVING Parenthood (the TV show) :)

hillview
03-02-2010, 11:57 PM
WOW very excellent. Really like this show.
/hillary

AnnieW625
03-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the reminder i have to set up my DVR to record it!

elizabethkott
03-03-2010, 12:13 AM
I just watched it and I love love love it!!! I like how it's not all funny, and the pace keeps going. That's all I'm going to say so as to avoid spoilers for our west coast friends!!!
But if it's not 10pm where you are, set your dvr or settle in to watch! It's really a good show (at least the first episode... :) )

MamaSnoo
03-03-2010, 08:44 AM
I only caught the 2nd half of the first show, but I liked it....thanks for the reminder; I need to set my DVR.

Melaine
03-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Oh I forgot about this....meant to check it out.

caleymama
03-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Oh I forgot about this....meant to check it out.

:yeahthat:

ged
03-03-2010, 04:21 PM
I liked it as well, but what I really loved is that it is supposedly sent in Berkeley. I hope they do tons of local shooting in the city/area itself. I went to school there and loved it.

WatchingThemGrow
03-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks for telling us! I set it up on Tivo.

LarsMal
03-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I really enjoyed it, too. Great, just what I need- ANOTHER show to DVR!

JTsMom
03-03-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm so glad to hear that it's good. I have hardly any shows that I'm into these days. I did DVR it last night, but haven't watched it yet. Maybe tonight.

fivi2
03-03-2010, 06:22 PM
out of curiosity - I didn't record it because based on the commercials, it looked just like the movie. I loved the movie, but don't care to see a remake on tv. So it is the same or different?
Thanks!

rlu
03-03-2010, 07:01 PM
It's On Demand if you have comcast. I liked it enough to watch next week as well.

OP I didn't see the movie so can't compare.

graciebellesmomma
03-03-2010, 07:03 PM
I LOVED it!
It really moved me in ways that I did not expect.

It took me back to thirty something and my so called life.
Love the "reality" type of shows, I'm tired of NCIS and Law and Order, etc.

DrSally
03-03-2010, 11:23 PM
The previews looked good. Thanks for reminding me to Tivo it.

AnnieW625
03-04-2010, 01:58 AM
out of curiosity - I didn't record it because based on the commercials, it looked just like the movie. I loved the movie, but don't care to see a remake on tv. So it is the same or different?
Thanks!

Oh it's totally different from what I can tell.

One thing I don't care for so far is that there is no place in Berkeley with that much land to have a house like that on it and if there is space for it's not for that style of house. It's much too wooded for Berkeley. Santa Rosa, Sonoma, maybe Marin, but not Berkeley. Other than that the show does show some promise and you really can't judge a show by the pilot episode.

JTsMom
03-04-2010, 08:06 AM
I got to watch it last night, and I thought it was very good. I'll be tuning in again next week. :thumbsup:

MelissaTC
03-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks!

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!

I like that it is loosely based on the movie. There is the older brother who is the glue of the family. His son has a concrete problem as opposed to the vague "sensitive kid" in the movie. The single mother sister is not as together as the character in the movie. She still has 2 kids but they seem to be closer in age and the situation is totally different. The "intellectual" couple is now a mom who is a high powered lawyer and her husband, a SAHD. The patriarch of the family is more likable and seems to be more involved in everyone's life. The youngest brother is just more immature vs. the deadbeat that he was in the film. It was all modernized and changed, yet they kept the essence of the movie characters. As a fan of the movie, I really liked the show.

fivi2
03-04-2010, 10:24 AM
POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!

I like that it is loosely based on the movie. There is the older brother who is the glue of the family. His son has a concrete problem as opposed to the vague "sensitive kid" in the movie. The single mother sister is not as together as the character in the movie. She still has 2 kids but they seem to be closer in age and the situation is totally different. The "intellectual" couple is now a mom who is a high powered lawyer and her husband, a SAHD. The patriarch of the family is more likable and seems to be more involved in everyone's life. The youngest brother is just more immature vs. the deadbeat that he was in the film. It was all modernized and changed, yet they kept the essence of the movie characters. As a fan of the movie, I really liked the show.

Good to know - maybe we should give it a shot. I can't remember what scene I saw in the ad, but I honestly thought it was an exact scene from the movie. Good to hear I was wrong!

But... I so loved the movie that I am not sure I want to mess with it!