PDA

View Full Version : Gumboree Play & Music

Sweetum
03-03-2010, 03:29 AM
DS and I went to a Gym class today, and although we had fun, I think the price is just too high. Anyone think the same? Or anyone think it's worth the fun?

Also, what are similar alternatives?

DS is 13mo now.

Thanks,
SunshineAndMe

katydid1971
03-03-2010, 04:20 AM
Have you looked into your local parks and rec? I take DC to gymnastics through the parks and rec dept for about half of gymboree. FWIW I use to take DC to gymboree but the local franchise closedd, also most other activities are about the same price.

fivi2
03-03-2010, 10:20 AM
When I looked around (years ago), they were priced similarly to other options (the little gym, my gym, local place) but gymboree offered open gym play time (included in regular price). At my location open gym was twice a week. With twins, having a padded, contained space to play basically three times a week was worth it for me. I won't say the girls got a lot out of it, other than having a fun place to play (that was air conditioned in the Texas summer!) but we made a lot of friends - many of whom we still play with regularly and we haven't been to gymboree in years. So - it was worth it for us, but may not be for everyone!

eta: we started right around 12 mos and were ther a little over a year.