PDA

View Full Version : Play food addicted Mommies!

Seitvonzu
03-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Hi ladies--
i took lucyloo to a "class" at our local toy store and the owner was showing me the new play food that plan is producing this year-- there is a MEAT set and a new fruits and veggies set with a kiwi and avacodo -- they both look ADORABLE :) i know lots of people on here like plan's food better than M&D (because of the chipping factor) or even Haba (because of the small size factor)-- you might want to keep your eyes peeled! since she was placing an order i told her "you know i'm in for both of those." i know i can find a better deal elsewhere, but eh, sometimes i like to go local and get instant gratification :) she showed me some play animal sets too (we have the plan barn), but i'm saving my pennies for that FOOD :)

that said about M&D's chipping factor, have you guys seen the new apple pie set?
http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Wooden-Serve-Apple/dp/B0032Z8890

haven't seen this at ACMOORE yet, but i'm sure it's just a matter of time. if it was cherry pie, i'd be all over it without waiting :) we're a cherry pie family around here, but i do love the deconstructed nature of it. cutest "pie" fake food set i've ever seen :)

i was bemoaning to the toy store lady that play food is pretty vegetarian-- it's hard to find meats (i know there is SOME , but it's not nearly as wide spread as fruit/veg....which i guess is good in a way)--especially in the "nicer" non-plastic foods.

just thought i'd report! because i know you all don't have enough play food :)

Jenn27
03-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Sweet! We actually do need some. The Velcro on our M&D cutting fruit is already worn out after 3 months! The fruit sticks to our crocheted veggies and drives me nuts! So, I'm not buying M&D anymore AND need some replacement fruit! Thanks :)

fortato
03-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Have you looked for Play Food or Felt Foods on Etsy???

I've bought a TON of fantastic pieces on there. Chenille Chef is one of my favorites, but search around, You're bound to find something awesome.

OH- and I'm buying that Apple Pie set....that's adorable!

clb
03-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Sweet! We actually do need some. The Velcro on our M&D cutting fruit is already worn out after 3 months! :)

We have this problem too. The food barely sticks together now. Is the velcro on the Plan cutting food any better?

DrSally
03-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I just ordered the M&D ice cream cones off Amazon--they were $17ish, which seemed good. I also have a lot of fabric/felt food and love that too for different reasons.

Seitvonzu
03-08-2010, 10:14 AM
we have TONS of playfood. i knit-- we have cupcakes, icecream cones, TONS of fruit/vegetables (i'm working on carrots right now to stuff in easter eggs for our easter party-- last year i did 2 dozen strawberries...carrots take long, but i want to have at least 15)

i bought a bunch of felt to make food too...but i haven't "gone there" yet. i have a large plastic storage container (55 quarts?-- BIG), FULL of play food/dishes and there is still some overflow (m&d fridge foods is coming to mind, but there is probably some other stuff....oh yeah, all the target "decor" fruits/veg i bought for our farmer's market (i liked that you got lots of one type of thing and picked them up on clearance...oh yeah, and the pottery barn microwave)

does anyone know if IKEA still sells that wooden shelf people were talking about last year and where i would find it? i'd love to have a little more of the stuff out, but first i need an organizational system.

and oh yeah, we'll be getting the plan stuff. i'm not sure if the velcro is better- but the paint/dye is better-- more natural looking and doesn't chip. i reallyreally want the avocado and kiwi and the meat set is intriguing because of the variety :)