PDA

View Full Version : For fun- what songs get stuck in your head alot?

gatorsmom
03-03-2010, 12:44 PM
At this moment I have "Mystery LifeGuard from Tiki Beach" from the Backyardigan's "Surf's Up" episode stuck playing nonstop in my head. One that DH always complains about is the Yeti song from that other Backyardigans episode. We groan as soon as it comes on TV because we are guaranteed to be singing it for days afterwards.

What do you walk around singing mindlessly a lot?

Reyadawnbringer
03-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Danger, danger, danger from Yo Gabba Gabba has been stuck in my head for days. DH even commented that he heard me singing it to DS the other morning when we were getting ready to leave.

DietCokeLover
03-03-2010, 12:47 PM
The theme song from "Handy Manny" and "The Hot Dog Dance" from Mickey Mouse clubhouse

lizzywednesday
03-03-2010, 12:50 PM
The theme from The Elephant Show.

Other than that, I get random things stuck in my head, mostly Beatles songs. But that I don't mind so much.

The last thing that got stuck in my head was the poem, The Walrus and the Carpenter, from Alice in Wonderland. DH didn't understand why I had to keep saying it out loud until I explained to him it wouldn't leave until I'd recited it the whole way through. (For the record, I also know Jabberwocky by heart.)

Meatball Mommie
03-03-2010, 01:11 PM
At this moment I have "Mystery LifeGuard from Tiki Beach" from the Backyardigan's "Surf's Up" episode stuck playing nonstop in my head. One that DH always complains about is the Yeti song from that other Backyardigans episode. We groan as soon as it comes on TV because we are guaranteed to be singing it for days afterwards.

What do you walk around singing mindlessly a lot?

I agree with Backyardigans songs being catchy. I haven't seen the show in a while, but I still know those songs!

Lately, I've had the filet of fish singing fish song stuck in my head...I don't dare write out the words lest I get them stuck in someone else's head though ;)

srhs
03-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Here Come the 1-2-3s songs
The "9 Bowls of Soup" one the most

so annoying.

lizzywednesday
03-03-2010, 01:13 PM
I agree with Backyardigans songs being catchy. I haven't seen the show in a while, but I still know those songs!

Lately, I've had the filet of fish singing fish song stuck in my head...I don't dare write out the words lest I get them stuck in someone else's head though ;)

Oh, that reminds me ... lots of times I get Fish Heads stuck in my head, which can be fun or annoying or both, depending on the day and my mood. (I am sure you'd know it if you heard it.)

gatorsmom
03-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Oh, that reminds me ... lots of times I get Fish Heads stuck in my head, which can be fun or annoying or both, depending on the day and my mood. (I am sure you'd know it if you heard it.)

Oh yeah, eat them up yum!

lizzywednesday
03-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Oh yeah, eat them up yum!

Indeed.

Bill Mumy rules.

rlu
03-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Fireside Girls Song (Phineas and Ferb episode)

citymama
03-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I've been alternating between "Brick House" and "Single Ladies/Put a Ring on it" these last few days. Unfortunately DD is now singing both too, fortunately with her own spin on the words. Please go away, songs!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
03-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I have been watchin' childhood favs on Hulu. So lately the Charles in Charge theme song and the Magnum PI song. :bag

brgnmom
03-03-2010, 03:32 PM
the dragon tales PBS cartoon's theme song has been stuck in my head lately.

boolady
03-03-2010, 03:32 PM

Oh, I was thinking Backyardigans songs before I even opened this thread, so I was very amused to see that was in the initial post. DD's 2 Backyardigans CDs are in heavy rotation right now, so "We're Ready for Anything" (from Mission to Mars) and "Hurry Home" (from the one about the monster party) are always in my head, along with all of the songs from the Tale of the Mighty Knights, which we had just borrowed from the library.

After reading this thread, though, "Single Ladies/Put a Ring on It" seems to be firmly implanted in my brain. That's okay. :)

Fairy
03-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Count me in for All the single ladies ... all the single ladies! All the single ladies ... all the single ladies!

Also alot of Buffy musical songs. Alot.

After last night's Idol, I've been humming alot of Hinder.

pinkmomagain
03-03-2010, 04:25 PM
As a pp mentioned, "Surf's Up" get stuck (I don't mind...I really like it). Also, Lady in Pink and SuperSpy....all from Backyardigans.

Oh! What about "There's a party in my tummy...so yummy, so yummy"? (Yo Gabba Gabba)

elliput
03-03-2010, 05:11 PM
It's a small world after all...

LarsMal
03-03-2010, 05:13 PM
"I gotta feelin'...woooo hoooo...That tonight's gonna be a good night..." Thanks to my DS who sings it all.the.time!