PDA

View Full Version : Zeta Tau Alpha wins national Sprite Step-Off Contest!!

Corie
03-03-2010, 04:26 PM
The Zeta Tau Alpha chapter from University of Arkansas wins
the national Sprite Step-Off contest in Atlanta.
(I am a Zeta!!!) :)

Their routine is amazing!!
http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_blog_post.asp?pID=5194

click on the link for a article and link to their routine.

Bens Momma
03-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Hello Sister :wavey:!!!

LarsMal
03-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Hello sisters!! :waving4:

I don't see the video, though. I guess I can go find it on You Tube.

Corie
03-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Hello sisters!! :waving4:

I don't see the video, though. I guess I can go find it on You Tube.

Click on the link in my post. Then scroll down to see the video.

It is amazing!!

creativelightbulb
03-03-2010, 05:04 PM
my husband sent me this link this morning...

those girls ROCKED IT!!!

have you all heard that the AKA's protested the decision and the judges awarded a second first place prize to the AKA's...

they are trying to say it is because the Zeta's are not a community service organization...

I personally think their "upset" feelings are because they were beat by an organization that is not historically black and the AKA's were the ones who originally taught the Zeta to step...

I totally think the second first place award was out of line and the AKAs should have just been proper "sportswomen" and taken their beating with class and come back next year ready to compete and win...

what say yall?

Corie
03-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Yes, there is a big controversy regarding their win.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/03/02/ross.stepping.race/index.html?iref=allsearch

Corie
03-03-2010, 05:15 PM
they are trying to say it is because the Zeta's are not a community service organization...

I don't understand what you mean by this.

creativelightbulb
03-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't understand what you mean by this.

disclaimer - this is all second hand since I'm not an AKA or a Zeta...

but I have girlfriends who are...

the AKAs indicated that the Zetas are not a public service org. rather...

The purpose of Zeta Tau Alpha is the intensifying of friendship, the fostering of a spirit of love, the creating of such sentiments, the performing of such deeds, and the moulding of such opinions as will be conducive to the building up of a purer and nobler womanhood in the world.

my issue with this argument is...

they knew this BEFORE the competition - but it wasn't an issue until they won....hmmmmmm

LarsMal
03-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Whoa...that second quote just brought back major memories! I could recite that whole thing at one point!

ZTA is very involved in breast cancer awareness, Susan G. Komen, as well as other service projects each chapter does throughout the year. I don't know if there is a difference between "public service organization" and what they do, but they most certainly have a philanthropy they support and do plenty of service projects. Interesting...

Corie
03-03-2010, 05:28 PM
disclaimer - this is all second hand since I'm not an AKA or a Zeta...

but I have girlfriends who are...

the AKAs indicated that the Zetas are not a public service org. rather...

my issue with this argument is...

they knew this BEFORE the competition - but it wasn't an issue until they won....hmmmmmm

I am a Zeta. Zeta Tau Alpha's national philanthropy is Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Our chapter organized a Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in our local town. We raised a lot of money!! I can list many of things, events we did to support, give money, time to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

creativelightbulb
03-03-2010, 05:31 PM
the cnn link/article above is spot on with what the issues are and why the other frats and sors should not be up in arms ...

if you haven't read it ...check it out

I'm emailing to my circle now...thanks for the post

creativelightbulb
03-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I am a Zeta. Zeta Tau Alpha's national philanthropy is Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Our chapter organized a Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in our local town. We raised a lot of money!! I can list many of things, events we did to support, give money, time to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

oh I don't doubt it....

the argument is semantics IMO...

the REAL issue is race and is summed up perfectly in the cnn link above...

Bens Momma
03-04-2010, 12:52 PM
It's been said in pp, but for the record our chapter on campus did a bunch of community service every year. In fact as a pledge we HAD to put in so many hours of CS before becoming a Sister. It was related to Susan G. Koman and other causes!

Bens Momma
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Wow, the CNN article is well put! Yes, would there be an issue if the tables were turned???

DietCokeLover
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
I live right here by the U of Arkansas and this has been on the news some. (I confess I haven't paid real close attention). But, I believe the ZTAs were coached by one of the predominantly AA sororities on campus. Obviously there were no issues on the U of A campus about this.

JamiMac
03-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Hello Sisters!:wavey: Go ZTA! :bighand:
Yes, my great friend Jill is still very involved with our alumni chapter and very, very involved with Race for the Cure. They raise tons of money for RFTC.