PDA

View Full Version : No LOST thread yet?

LarsMal
03-03-2010, 05:55 PM
I'll start it!

Holy Smokey- last night's episode was SO good! I was on the edge of my seat and at one point had my hands over my face, peeking through my fingers!

My question of the night was...Where's Richard? I can't remember what happened when he saw Locke/Smokey. Didn't he run into someone after Locke let him go- Sawyer maybe? Did he just run off into the jungle?

What did you think?

Twoboos
03-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Yes, Richard ran off, looking petrified!

I cannot believe Sayid is now a bad guy - I was really, truly hoping that would NOT be true. And the fact that in his sideways the brother is with Nadia, I felt so bad! Not to mention, Sayid didn't stab SmokeyLocke before being spoken to - I was so mad at him.

And WTH is Kate thinking following SmokeyLocke??

And what's up with Keamy? He was creepier than when he was on the ship/hunting down Ben!

Ahhh, I do so love this show. DH missed it last night so I get to rewatch it tonight!

elektra
03-03-2010, 06:24 PM
That fight scene in the beginning was intense!
I still don't get the whole "infection" thing that Sayid and Claire have going on. Is it just that they have both made deals with the devil now and so they are just staying bad because they know they have no hope for redemption in their own eyes?
I don't think Kate will stick with Smokey. She looked a little bewildered and I bet she will bail.
And what was Smokey going to do if Sayid hadn't just happened upon him in the jungle? And I guess he can turn into Smokey now and he is not longer trapped, presumable because Sayid killed the Japanese guy. (I remember someone this season mentioned that he couldn't change anymore.)
I was bummed about Sayid too. I have been a fan of Naveen Andrews ever since that scene of him washing his long hair in the English Patient. :tongue5:

I still do not get how they can wrap it all up on only 10 more episodes!

Fairy
03-03-2010, 06:35 PM
i'm lost. Completely bewildered. I read the redux's on EW, but nothing's helping, and all the Lost sites are overwhelming to me. What I've sussed out ...

* Kate is not evil. She may be with smokey at the moment, but she's not bad. But i'm not sure she's a candidate, either, as her name doesn't correspond iwth any of the numbers on the wheel, either. You notice she was wearing gray? She's one of the only things I kind of understand, here.

* I think the sideways is what they can ultimately end up with.

* Where is Danielle in all this? Is one of the ones hiding in the temple a young Danielle? I forget who the chick is.

* Where's Jin?

* Ya know what, I have too many questions I can't even organize them all.

fivi2
03-03-2010, 06:37 PM
blah...

I'm tired of it. Dh still insists we watch, but I am just done with things not making sense. And this season is just a big mess, imo.

(sorry, I am not feeling well, so a little overly negative today. but I am not enjoying this season!)

eta: pretty sure the real danielle (rousseau?) was shot in the woods last season. I don't think young danielle is around, but with all the time wonkiness, I suppose anything is possible. Last we saw Jin, he was with crazy-claire, right? so no clue where he is. or sawyer for that matter - is he still stuck in the sea cave? We missed a bit because of my #$^% dvr, so I may missed something!

billysmommy
03-03-2010, 06:38 PM
The only one I can help with is Jin...lol

He's still in Claire's tent where she brought him after he got his foot caught in the trap and she sewed him up.

I'm very interested to see what happens now that Kate told Claire that she took Aaron

elektra
03-03-2010, 06:42 PM
i'm lost. Completely bewildered. I read the redux's on EW, but nothing's helping, and all the Lost sites are overwhelming to me. What I've sussed out ...

* Kate is not evil. She may be with smokey at the moment, but she's not bad. But i'm not sure she's a candidate, either, as her name doesn't correspond iwth any of the numbers on the wheel, either. You notice she was wearing gray? She's one of the only things I kind of understand, here.

* I think the sideways is what they can ultimately end up with.

* Where is Danielle in all this? Is one of the ones hiding in the temple a young Danielle? I forget who the chick is.

* Where's Jin?

* Ya know what, I have too many questions I can't even organize them all.

Who is Danielle???

I also want to know where Rose is.

I guess Jin could be anywhere right? Maybe still laying in Claire's tent with the injured leg. Or maybe Smokey/Locke did something with him, since the last we saw of Jin he was dumbfounded looking at Smokey/Locke when he walked in.

So Fairy do you think it's split into good and evil now with the exception of Kate? So Sayid, Claire, Smokey and the rest his group are "evil"? And Jack, Hurley, Sun, Jin, Sawyer, (Ben?), and the rest are "good"?

Looks like the next episode will be focusing on Ben.

Fairy
03-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I do think it's a battle between good and evil, yes, and that everyone is going to fall in one camp. Except maybe Kate, she's a toss up and possibly both. I think Locke is bad, and he's infected the other two with the bad. I think Hurly and Jack are good. I think those are the definites. I think we don't know for sure where the others are, but we can speculate! I have a feeling Sawyer may also be one of the limbo ones.

Also, I think the island is a doorway and that that's its purpose.

malphy
03-03-2010, 06:48 PM
I love Lost and watched it from the very beginning but due to dd I kind of lost track. I read the recaps but have not seen the episodes this season. I have decided I am going to wait until the series is over and then watch the dvd's.

It is just too confusing and intense for me to follow right now. And I love, love, love the show!

fivi2
03-03-2010, 06:53 PM
I do think it's a battle between good and evil, yes, and that everyone is going to fall in one camp. Except maybe Kate, she's a toss up and possibly both. I think Locke is bad, and he's infected the other two with the bad. I think Hurly and Jack are good. I think those are the definites. I think we don't know for sure where the others are, but we can speculate! I have a feeling Sawyer may also be one of the limbo ones.

Also, I think the island is a doorway and that that's its purpose.

Except, i'm not sure we really know which side is good and which is bad. I'm not entirely sure we have reason to believe Jacob was such a good guy. Obviously smokey/locke isn't too cuddly either.

Fairy
03-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Except, i'm not sure we really know which side is good and which is bad. I'm not entirely sure we have reason to believe Jacob was such a good guy. Obviously smokey/locke isn't too cuddly either.

That is true. They're clearly indicating Locke as bad and Jack as good. However, I think this is just not necessarily known yet. One thing, tho, smokey does kill people violently. That does say something to me.

fivi2
03-03-2010, 08:43 PM
That is true. They're clearly indicating Locke as bad and Jack as good. However, I think this is just not necessarily known yet. One thing, tho, smokey does kill people violently. That does say something to me.

but has he (smokey) killed any of the main characters? the ones we "know"? (I honestly can't remember). Because if he is only killing others, then for all we know they deserve it (or aren't really dying or something other than actual death is going on) maybe a stretch, and you are probably right about smokey... But the fact that Ben and temple guy (who have also killed a few people) are on Jacob's side, doesn't speak too highly of Jacob.

And who knows what is up with Penny's dad and where he fits in!

Fairy
03-03-2010, 08:47 PM
but has he (smokey) killed any of the main characters? the ones we "know"? (I honestly can't remember). Because if he is only killing others, then for all we know they deserve it (or aren't really dying or something other than actual death is going on) maybe a stretch, and you are probably right about smokey... But the fact that Ben and temple guy (who have also killed a few people) are on Jacob's side, doesn't speak too highly of Jacob.

Smokey killed a few people we actually know, tho I forget the exact ones other than Mr. Eko. Whom I think was good.

fivi2
03-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Smokey killed a few people we actually know, tho I forget the exact ones other than Mr. Eko. Whom I think was good.

well, then there goes that theory :) I forgot about Eko. oops!

Twoboos
03-03-2010, 09:12 PM
BTW - did anyone notice when Sayid's brother is taken into surgery, they walk by Jack in the hall? I love stuff like that!

Honestly, I have been wondering if Jacob is good or not myself. Just b/c he's wearing white, and the man in black is wearing black, it seems too easy.

kristac
03-03-2010, 09:24 PM

Kate did have a number in the lighthouse.
I think Kate is with SMock because she is following Claire.

Twoboos
03-03-2010, 09:37 PM
BTW again. DH is watching now - I forgot Jin is in the refrigerator when Sayid meets up with Keamy!! WTH is happening there? Is that who Jin was supposed to meet up with when he came to America?

Raidra
03-03-2010, 09:49 PM

At the very least, Jacob let Sayid's wife (I forget her name, duh) get hit by the car. I know Ben told Sayid that Widmore's people ran her down (not sure if that was a lie or not), but Sayid was about to walk into the street with her, and Jacob called him back to ask him a question or something.

I think Smokey-Locke was still allowed to change into the smoke monster even before the Japanese guy was killed, I think it was that he wasn't allowed to change into another person. I'm still curious about whether the Christian that we saw on the island was actually Smokey.. I'm guessing yes, since Claire was with him last season, but why was he apparently trying to protect the island (he was involved with Michael being on the freighter, and he showed Locke how to get the time-jumping to stop).

I think the alternate universe scenes are interesting, but I don't see how they could possible help us to answer questions about what's going on. If it's just a distraction/filler, I wish they'd focus more on what's going on with the people on the island. That's my only real complaint.

Oh! And Kate.. we know that the smoke monster can show images/video/memories/whatever.. when Kate was hanging from the ladder and looking up into the smoke monster, I got the feeling that she was being shown something to convince her, she had this look of dawning comprehension on her face.

strollerqueen
03-05-2010, 03:48 AM

Yes! Smokey killed Mr. Ekko, and he was my favorite character! I am still mad about that! :31:

strollerqueen
03-05-2010, 03:52 AM
At the very least, Jacob let Sayid's wife (I forget her name, duh) get hit by the car. I know Ben told Sayid that Widmore's people ran her down (not sure if that was a lie or not), but Sayid was about to walk into the street with her, and Jacob called him back to ask him a question or something.

But maybe he was actually saving Sayid, who would have gotten hit otherwise. Maybe it was just her time to die, and saving her wouldn't have done any good, because she would have just been killed another way (ala Eloise Hawkings.)

Penny's Pappa
03-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm still curious about whether the Christian that we saw on the island was actually Smokey.. I'm guessing yes, since Claire was with him last season, but why was he apparently trying to protect the island (he was involved with Michael being on the freighter, and he showed Locke how to get the time-jumping to stop).

Whether Christian was Smokey depends, I think, on which appearance of Christian you're talking about. I think sometimes he was Smokey and other times he might have actually been Jacob. If Smokey can assume the appearance of dead people, I don't see why Jacob can't, right? I think early on (like Season 1) Christian might have been Jacob trying to push Jack along a path. Later on (Season 4,5, & 6), especially in scenes like the one where Christian and Claire are in Jacob's shack and the one where Christian encourages Locke to turn the donkey wheel, I think he's Smokey.

Another thought, keep in mind that Smokey was trapped on the Island while Jacob was not. I think the off-Island appearances of Christian (on the boat, and with Jack in that lobby place that I don't quite remember) and Charlie (to Hurley at the mental hospital) were actually Jacob trying to influence Jack and Hurley somehow.

SnuggleBuggles
03-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Why would Christian's body have disappeared (the coffin was empty- did they ever find the body) but Locke's corpse was still around? I feel like there is a continuity issue or something. I'm confused....as always. Usually I try not to bother trying to make sense of things but this one bugs me.

Beth

elektra
03-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Whether Christian was Smokey depends, I think, on which appearance of Christian you're talking about. I think sometimes he was Smokey and other times he might have actually been Jacob. If Smokey can assume the appearance of dead people, I don't see why Jacob can't, right? I think early on (like Season 1) Christian might have been Jacob trying to push Jack along a path. Later on (Season 4,5, & 6), especially in scenes like the one where Christian and Claire are in Jacob's shack and the one where Christian encourages Locke to turn the donkey wheel, I think he's Smokey.

Another thought, keep in mind that Smokey was trapped on the Island while Jacob was not. I think the off-Island appearances of Christian (on the boat, and with Jack in that lobby place that I don't quite remember) and Charlie (to Hurley at the mental hospital) were actually Jacob trying to influence Jack and Hurley somehow.

I was thinking that Hurley could see the actual dead people, but maybe it was Jacob...
But others could not see Charlie and the rest when Hurley could right?
And then if Christian was really Smokey when he helped John turn the wheel, what was his motivation? I think it was Raidra that said that seems like more of a Jacob thing to do to protect the island vs. a Smokey thing. Also, if that Christian was Smokey (it's what I wasn thinking too) I am curious about what he meant when he told John to "say hello to my son". I know we were supposed to assume he meant Jack but does Smokey have a son????

Penny's Pappa
03-05-2010, 05:23 PM
I was thinking that Hurley could see the actual dead people, but maybe it was Jacob...
But others could not see Charlie and the rest when Hurley could right?
And then if Christian was really Smokey when he helped John turn the wheel, what was his motivation? I think it was Raidra that said that seems like more of a Jacob thing to do to protect the island vs. a Smokey thing. Also, if that Christian was Smokey (it's what I wasn thinking too) I am curious about what he meant when he told John to "say hello to my son". I know we were supposed to assume he meant Jack but does Smokey have a son????

Yeah, I don't think anyone else can see the people Hurley sees. Remember last week when Jacob was talking to Hurley but Dogen couldn't see him? Jacob seems to only show himself to those he wants to see him.

As for Christian/Smokey's motivation for turning the wheel, I'm thinking a couple things. First, I don't know if Smokey wants the Island to be destroyed or if he just wants to leave it. Its survival might be important to him as well, but for different reasons. Second, he needed John Locke to die so that he could take over his body/soul/avatar/whatever in order to find his "loophole." I suspect he needed John to leave the Island (via turning the donkey wheel) for this to happen, after which he could come back to the Island as Locke, trick Richard Alpert into telling the real Locke he had to die, thus fulfilling the cycle.

elektra
03-05-2010, 05:48 PM
As for Christian/Smokey's motivation for turning the wheel, I'm thinking a couple things. First, I don't know if Smokey wants the Island to be destroyed or if he just wants to leave it. Its survival might be important to him as well, but for different reasons. Second, he needed John Locke to die so that he could take over his body/soul/avatar/whatever in order to find his "loophole." I suspect he needed John to leave the Island (via turning the donkey wheel) for this to happen, after which he could come back to the Island as Locke, trick Richard Alpert into telling the real Locke he had to die, thus fulfilling the cycle.
I had forgotten it was Richard who told Locke he had to die. Yes, Smokey must have told him that (wonder how? Taking over someone else's body?). It's stuff like that that makes me think there is no way they can explain it all with only 10 episodes left.

Just noticed your new siggie Penny's Pappa. Congratulations!

clb
03-05-2010, 06:30 PM
The Japanese man is who was keeping Smokey out of the temple. (How? The man told Sayid he made a deal for his son's life. Maybe with Jacob?) That is why Smokey had Sayid kill the man. Once the Japanese man was dead, Smokey wiped out the people in the temple.