PDA

View Full Version : Does this stroller exist?

DCmommy
03-03-2010, 09:03 PM
We got a Vista as a gift for DC #3 with the bar to match our Keyfit. For quick trips we use it as a frame for the Keyfit and for longer trips/neighborhood walks/etc. we use the vista seat rearfacing and reclined all the way (DS never liked the bassinet). I LOVE LOVE LOVE it for the handling, DS's comfort, looks...you name it!

HOWEVER, it's big. And it's getting heavy to lug in and out of our trunk every day. And I'm missing our old Mac Quest. DS will probably outgrow the Keyfit soon so we won't be needing a frame. So I'm wondering if I should keep the Vista in the garage for neighborhood walks (which I'm hoping we'll be doing lots more of with spring approaching!) and get something new as our "in and out of the trunk" stroller.

When DS gets to toddlerhood I will probably end up getting another Mac, but I don't feel like he's ready for one yet (though I know they are suitable for babies his age). At the moment, I'm looking for something light (or lightish -- under 20 lbs?), not as wide as the Vista, that would fold up a little bit smaller than the Vista (maybe a single step fold and not a "take the seat off the frame" deal?), with good maneuverability, and -- here's the kicker! -- that can have the baby face me.

Does this stroller exist? TIA for your expertise ;)

lareigna
03-03-2010, 09:36 PM
For everything other than the rearface I would say 1. Zippy, or 2. BJCM. However the Peg Switch is alot like the Zippy and it's seat reverses. I personally have a Bee which I love love as my car stroller, but it's not a one handed fold. It's still very simple to fold, folds very compact, easy open and close, reclines flat for newborn and has a reversible seat. It's also light and has a small footprint, great steering, one handed. You can probably find a deal since the Bee Plus is coming out soon.

I also own a Zippy, which I like, but it's not a one handed push and it doesn't reverse. Great stroller, small footprint, easy to fold, folds pretty flat, and dd is pretty comfy in it. Gets the job done and it is a great car stroller. I bought it for $30 off of CL and use it for travel or for theme parks and I don't want any of my expensive strollers accidentally "borrowed" I have also had a BJCM and the fold is unbeatable, great canopy. The only thing I didn't like were that the back wheels were a bit wide, and I had to make a makeshift board to keep the back stiff so dd wouldn't slouch. Great push and steering though. HTH!

DCmommy
03-03-2010, 10:23 PM
i had a zippy once back in the day and it was adorable and had great features but was a PITA to steer. i'm only 5'1' and don't want to wrestle with a stroller if i don't have to.

i hadn't even thought of the bee but i think that might be perfect! when is the bee plus coming out? will the new features be worth waiting for, or will the cheaper old model be a better bet?

lareigna
03-03-2010, 10:55 PM
The new Bee is going to be $100 more than the original one. Personally, I like the look of the older Bee better, and there should be great deals coming up. The newer Bee is supposed to be more user friendly, an easier to reverse seat, etc. Once again, personally I don't think it's worth $630. I love my Bee, super one hand steer, fits everywhere and practically glides, it does have a learning curver ot reverse the seat, but once you get the hang of it, you're fine. It's a great car stroller. Check Ebay for deals on used ones- I've seen them go for $350 or less. http://www.rightstart.com/b has the Bee for $399

If you click on the pictures of the Bees it will tell you the improvements that have been made.

http://www.metropolismag.com/story/20100217/born-again

AnnieW625
03-04-2010, 12:20 AM
We love our Vista for neighborhood walks and I'd defintely keep it. It's a great all around stroller. My almost 4 yr. old still wants to ride in it even though her head is at the top of the canopy (some of the newer ones have more head room too).

What about a Bumbleride Flyer, that's reversible, and 19lbs:
http://www.bumbleride.com/collection2010/flyer-tech-spec.php