PDA

View Full Version : Looking for legit work at home opportunities

gordo
03-03-2010, 09:19 PM
My dad has crohn's disease and is really suffering right now. He was laid of from his job a year ago January an aside from a short-term position last summer, he hasn't worked, nor has he been able to work since then. His unemployment is going to run out in about 4 months and we are currently applying for disability. However, everything I have heard says that disability can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years and once his unemployment runs out, there is no way they can survive on my mom's salary.

So I am trying to help him find a job he can do at home. It has to be very flexible. He is not able to sit on the phone all day (TMI - but he needs to be able to use the bathroom whenever it is needed and as soon as it is needed). I am picturing something on the computer that is not time sensitive - like it doesn't matter what time of the day it is done as long as it is that day.

So any suggestions or am I really searching for something that doesn't exist?

Sillygirl
03-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Well, it would help if you could list what his talents/ skills are. Does he know how to do anything on a computer?

gordo
03-03-2010, 11:28 PM
He has been in the travel business for the last 30 or so years. The last 15 or so of those years, he was a manager of the air department for a convention travel company. His computer skills are not great, but he has been taking classes on excel, MS Word, etc so that he can become better.

jellibeans
03-04-2010, 12:36 AM
I know someone that works for Apple at home. She got the job by applying through www.arise.com. Someone else I know applied through Arise and now works for Carnival at home. I am not sure about the other companies that use Arise to find employees, but it is worth a shot!