PDA

View Full Version : Who has the Maclaren Techno XT? a few ?'s please...

blondflava
03-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi there... I never liked Maclarens but it's been growing on me.. I really like it and have been reading a lot of reviews online, most are glowing. I really would like a one 'do-it-all' stroller (no off-roading, just shopping, walking on sidewalks, pathways at park, occassional grass).. Something that will last through my child's stroller years (she's now 11 months, doesn't walk yet, probably a few more months, she was a preemie and is a little behind). Will Techno do? I have a Cameleon as of right now but somehow I'm not in love as I thought I would be, SIGH... and it's my only one - but it takes the whole trunk, granted, I put the seat and chassis side by side, but still.. I'm still researching, Si is also great, but as a second, not one and only? I need opinions!! I like XLR as well, but it's big and my baby will not be a tall/chunky toddler LOL, she's a peanut.
So my questions are: if you have the XT, are you totally happy with it, no regrets? Or you kind of wish you got something else... Any features that you don't like? TIA!!!!! :D

chozen
03-04-2010, 12:32 PM
yes i have a xt and so far we really like it. we tried a mac triump and for me it didnt have a very smooth ride, it was very compact which i liked. i decided to get the xt instead because of adj. handles and all wheel susp. so far we are happy with it, it is bigger then the triump and alittle heavier but it is still small enough to fit on floorboard in back seat. we do have a larger air wheel bjce stroller we can use on our gravel roads, but ireally think the xt will work well most places.

AnnieW625
03-04-2010, 02:56 PM
I don't own an XT, but honestly as much as I love my Triumph I wish I would've just bought a Techno from the beginning. Both the Triumph and the Techno should get your child till at least 4 or 5, maybe even 6 height wise in the seat. I also don't think that XLR is really that necessary for you either unless you know you want to have another child and will want to use the adaptor bar. My DD has had no problem sleeping in her one recline position Triumph either, and really the Triumph is our main do everything stroller and we've been happy. So having a Techno as an only stroller is definitely do able!

eah125
03-04-2010, 04:45 PM
I have one, i think it's an 07' or an 08' model, can't remember, so i have had it for a little bit. I think it will suit what you are looking for. I like it, don't love it, but it is also really only my car stroller. I have a Bob Revolution for walking, parks etc.. I agree that it's better than the triumph & that you do not need to go for the XLR, that i have heard from friends is a waste. I think my only thing would be that it is pricey, i think at the time i didn't even think to consider other strollers as i was just told that the Mac was the go-to-stroller and i think there possibly are some other options out there now that are just as good. The Si is s/thing that i think looks good, but it's newer & i don't know anyone who has one. I am not in the market for another single & i do think the XT will be it for me. BTW, my DS is 2 right now & is on the tall & bigger side. it fits him, but i don't know if he stays at this pace if we will get the life out of this stroller that most pple i know have.
One negative- which you may read often in threads on mac's is that they tip easily. be very carefull to not overload the handles w/ your heavy diaper bag &/or packages. i do think that this is probably the case though with most "umbrella" strollers.