PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Venezia or Graco Alano switch?

keschy
03-04-2010, 12:37 PM
I am looking for a stroller with a reversible handle that I can use for a newborn and a 4 year old. I can't find much info about the toddler step on the venezia so I'm wondering if I should just get the alano switch and add a toddler board. I realize one of these strollers isn't made anymore and one is brand new so it might be hard to compare! Just wondering if anyone has input about what might be better for a baby & 4yo. Thanks!

salsah
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
the step on the venezia is one of the best things about it. i loved that dd1 could ride on the step in the front or back. (always between me and the stroller, but she could ride even with the handle reversed.) that was especially nice when dd2 was napping and i needed to recline the seat. with our zippy, dd1 can only ride on the step with the seat in the fully upright position.
if you want to buy something new with a reversible handle, take a look at the bumbleride flyer.

lareigna
03-04-2010, 07:10 PM
The Uno is what replaced the Venezia. A smaller lighter stroller with a reversible handle is the Flyer, and I know it takes a ride on board. The new version gets good reviews. the Uno takes getting used to since when you flip the handle, you have to steer with the rear wheels, it is a good stroller, I love the boot and flat recline to make it a bassinet. The Graco flip it is just a plain ol' Graco with a weird to reverse handle, very hard to steer when reversed, cheap scratchy fabric, clackety plastic wheels...( sorry if you are a Graco fan).

Also both the Frog and Cam have reversible handles, though they are pricey.

Momof3Labs
03-05-2010, 11:23 PM
The step on the Venezia is *awesome*. The older child actually stands on the step with shoulder blades against the handle, so they cannot lean back (tips over the P3) and have some support. And my kids loved looking at each other at that age - the baby would just giggle with delight at big brother standing over him and entertaining him.

salsah
03-06-2010, 01:19 AM
the venezia is so great, i don't know why pp ditched it. they should have kept it and just made some improvements.

strollerqueen
03-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Yes, ITA! Had several Venezias and Milanos. There is another new model coming out by Teutonia that has a reversible handle--T-Link, I think? I only saw it at the Expo, so no real experience with it. Bugaboo and Mutsy Slider also have reversible handles, as well as reversible seats.

keschy
03-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I will keep my eye out for a nice used Venezia :)