PDA

View Full Version : How much pizza for parents at party?

twobabes
03-04-2010, 12:42 PM
We are having a party (out, not at home) where they will serve 2 slices of pizza per child. The kids are 3-5, so I know they won't each eat both slices, but - of course - I want pizza for the parents, too. How many pizzas do I need for 25 adults? I know a lot of the moms never eat at parties, because they are busy with their kids, but I want to make sure it's available to anyone who's hungy.

lil_acorn
03-04-2010, 12:49 PM
I'd probably assume 4-5 servings per pizza to be safe.

bnme
03-04-2010, 12:50 PM
I always figure 1 slice per adult and then round up. And I always have leftover. Most party places around here have the pizza sliced into 10 slices so you get a little more for your money. If it is a weekend figure you may have some kids bring 2 parents.

fivi2
03-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I *think* we have 3 or 4 pizzas for that many adults. I ordered 3 large, they messed up one and brought out a 4th. I ended up taking home the equivalent of most of a pizza, but of different kinds (so there were a couple pieces of cheese left, a few pepperoni, etc to make up most of a pizza). I am sure some adults ate some of the kids' pizza too.

But our party was at noon, so it was definitely lunch time for everyone. I really can't remember how many adults we had, but I think it was about 20-25.

crl
03-04-2010, 01:17 PM
If it's at lunch time I'd guess 3-4 slices per adult. It it's not at a meal time, I'd guess 2-3 slices per adult.

Catherine

SnuggleBuggles
03-04-2010, 02:05 PM
2 and if they are still hungry they can either just eat snacks, eat when they are done or steal their kid's pizza. :)

Ask for a "party cut" as some will slice the pizza into more slices or in a way that you can eek out more.

Beth