PDA

View Full Version : why do i think some doubles push bad??

jacksmoma
03-04-2010, 04:52 PM
so weird...if i have a single stroller i love, i assume the double version will push well, but not the case! so far i love the bjcm (and i mean LOVE), psuhes so well even with my toddler BUT the double was aweful! so heavy to push and soooo bumpy! i was shocked. then i had a b. indie single i loved again so i got the indie twin and what do you know! it felt super heavy to push! reminded me of pushing a slightly smoother ride bjcmd! only double i've pushed that handles really really well and does not feel like i'm pushing two bags of bricks is the bjced but it is just so darn heavy! why can't their be a double that is not so massive that pushes well? anyways, just had to share mydouble strolle frustration!

legaleagle
03-05-2010, 12:34 PM
I must say I'm glad you posted that the indie twin doesn't push that well! I love how it looks and the push on the single (the only one I've personally seen) but I had crossed it off the list because it's way too much stroller for us. Now I have another reason to not be too sad. :)

jacksmoma
03-05-2010, 12:58 PM
odd b/c the indie single pushes sooo well, love it! it almost feels like the handle does not come out far enough to make the stroller balanced so it can push well....

PRmommy
03-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Have you tried a Mountain Buggy? I've heard that the push on them is amazing.

WatchingThemGrow
03-05-2010, 03:44 PM
You bought another double? The BOB duallie has a great push, and my BJCED is pretty good. The BJCMD is harder, but not hard, in my book.

I mean, they are carrying a lot of weight! You can't have everything!

Krisrich
03-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Probably a silly question, but you know you can adjust the handlebars on the indie twin, right? I've never tried the Indie single but I have been very happy with my double! The single must be amazing!

arivecchi
03-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I think good doubles are easy to push. It's just obviously a lot more weight to push than a single. I like it. I feel I get a bit of a work-out in. ;)

salsah
03-05-2010, 04:30 PM
you are pushing more weight on a double (the weight of the stroller itself plus the weight of two kids instead of one, plus the weight of things for two kids vs things for one). on many double strollers, all that additional weight is one the same number, size, and type of wheels as the single. it is to be expected that the double will not push as well as the single (unless you are comparing them empty).
having said that, there are some doubles that handle great even with all the weight. my favorite is the mbud. it is also the narrowest and iirc, the lightest AT.