PDA

View Full Version : pig for a boy?

Globetrotter
03-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I am aware this is a ridiculous question, but I also know that I am very laid back about these things, so i wanted your feedback..

Is it okay to give a stuffed light pink pig puppet to a boy twin? I bought a blue hippo for the other one, but since I need to give two, should I give two of the blue hippo or a hippo and a pig? Those are the only two choices :)

crl
03-04-2010, 07:56 PM
I would give two blue hippos, but not because I think there is anything wrong with a pink pig for a boy. I'm just picturing fights over one or the other and figure exactly the same solves that problem. But maybe moms of twins have a different view?

Catherine

citymama
03-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Depends on how old the boy is, but if under 4, I would think he'd love it!

Globetrotter
03-04-2010, 08:15 PM
I forgot to mention that they are puppets!

MontrealMum
03-04-2010, 08:17 PM
DS is 2 1/2 and has a stuffed pig. It's actually a pink cow (had to read the tag to find that out!), but he thinks it's a pig because it's pink. He loves it. He's very into animals, and having a stuffed toy to match to all the animal pictures in those board books that are full of real-life animal pictures. Does that make sense? He has a pink flamingo too. Because flamingos are pink :D We're all about the realistic portrayal here.

rlu
03-04-2010, 08:20 PM
What other color would a pig be? It's realistic to be pink. I know there are pigs in different colors, but the stereotypical color is pink so rather than worry about it being pink, I'd point out its realistic. A blue pig would be silly (blue ox is one thing, blue pig?)

I've never given gifts to twins before (huh, weird) so I don't know if the matchy matchy is prefered or not.

eta: not implying twins are weird, I meant it's kind of weird I've only known a few sets of twins.

SnuggleBuggles
03-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Totally ok, imo!
Beth

LMPC
03-04-2010, 08:36 PM
I agee with the PP's who say that since a pig is normally pink, it's ok. If it was a pink dog or a pink lion it might be different. But pigs *are* pink (well basically!).

kristac
03-04-2010, 08:39 PM
I think the pig is fine and since they are puppets I would not give them both the same.

neeleymartin
03-04-2010, 08:42 PM
i would definitely give the hippo to one and the pig to the other. they will play with them together and it might be fun to use two different animals.

mommylamb
03-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't see anything wrong with giving a pig to a boy. DS loves the Dakota Fanning version of Charlotte's Web, and he has a pink pig named Wilbur.

Melaine
03-04-2010, 08:50 PM
I like similar or identical gifts for my twins and the two puppets sound great. I don't think the pink is an issue at all.

Globetrotter
03-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Ok, pig it is!!! I would definitely do it for my own ds, but I wasn't sure about other families.

Of course a pig OUGHT be pink, huh? That's why this seemed silly, but I was telling a friend and she wasn't sure if the mom would be okay with it.