PDA

View Full Version : White House Easter egg roll - did you get tickets?

LBW
03-04-2010, 08:15 PM
I signed up for the lottery this year and was just notified that we did not win tickets. Bummer. I'm hoping that someone here was successful.

I really hope we "win" the lottery one year while the boys are small.

mommylamb
03-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Where do you go for the lottery and when do they post it (I assume this is an online thing)? I'd love to try for it next year.

kayte
03-04-2010, 08:54 PM
We live too far for the eggroll but we will be getting the souvenir egg. Did they release the new design yet???? It took until about June to get last year's egg away from DD to put away with our holiday things.

K-Bear
03-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Where do you go for the lottery and when do they post it (I assume this is an online thing)? I'd love to try for it next year.
They changed the way tickets were distributed this year from last year.

Last weekend - Thursday through Sunday - you had to go to www.recreation.gov to register. Today was the lottery.

TwinFoxes
03-04-2010, 08:58 PM
:irked: No.

MMEand1
03-04-2010, 11:36 PM
We live too far for the eggroll but we will be getting the souvenir egg. Did they release the new design yet???? It took until about June to get last year's egg away from DD to put away with our holiday things.

How do you get a souvenir egg? Is it something you purchase and where would you go to get this?

LD92599
03-04-2010, 11:45 PM
until the day afterwards!

We might be in the DC/NoVA area for easter weekend, last year the tickets weren't done until the week before Easter (i think). I remember googling it weeks ago and didn't see anything except that they weren't avail for 2010 yet.

It's certainly a well kept secret, though from what i've heard, maybe we're not really missing all that much?

vonfirmath
03-04-2010, 11:54 PM
The one they do at the George Bush Library in College Station is supposed to be modeled after the White House egg roll, and its a LOT of fun. So I guess it just depends :)

kali
03-05-2010, 03:12 AM
It's certainly a well kept secret, though from what i've heard, maybe we're not really missing all that much?

Au contraire...the cast of Glee will be performing at the Easter Egg Roll this year! DS got to go two years ago because one of his classmate's mom worked at the [Bush] White House. He has no clue how lucky he was but hopefully one day he will appreciate it.

We didn't get tickets this time either :-(

larig
03-05-2010, 10:53 AM
I didn't know about the eggs. I'm going to get one for DS. Maybe make it an annual thing. Thanks to PP for mentioning this. Here's a link to order eggs.
https://www.nationalparks.org/about/store/products/

jse107
03-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Nope! As long as we live around here, I'll have to be sure to put our names in again for the lottery.

We are going to the Kite Festival on the 27th (weather permitting), so that should be fun!

set81616
03-05-2010, 10:36 PM
No. Boo. I'll have DH ask his brother if he can get some. He used to report directly to the president but now that he has changed positions I don't know if he can do anything. Here's hoping that nepotism still works.
Shannon