PDA

View Full Version : Fever from vaccines

Andi98989
03-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Ramblings of a first time mom ....

DS had his 4 month vaccines yesterday and today he's running a low grade temp. :( He's happy as a clam, just warm. I gave him some Tylenol, but I'm sure that I'll be restless wondering how he's doing tonight....

SnuggleBuggles
03-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Did they give you the vaccine summary sheets that tell you what is normal? Most can cause that and we've had that problem before, along with being more tired. If it's a possible reaction I don't tend to worry much. We have been spreading our vaccines out so he doesn't get more than 2 at a time so I can better pinpoint what could be causing a reaction. I'm sure everything will be ok tonight. :)

Beth

Andi98989
03-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Yup, we got the sheets. I'm positive it's from the vaccines and not too worried about it; just sad for my toasty little buddy.

Dr C
03-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Try not to worry! As long as he is "happy as a clam," he's probably just fine. Low grade fevers happen in about 10-20% of kids after vaccines. I like to think that if they have a fever then their body really recognized the vaccine as something foreign and is making a healthy immune response to it. If he seems fussy or uncomfortable you can certainly give him some Tylenol. His little legs may be a bit sore. And if he really looks sick, call your ped. He's much more likely to have picked up a nasty virus in the waiting room than he is to have a really serious reaction to the vaccines, but either way if he looks really sick you should call.

Andi98989
03-05-2010, 08:02 AM
When I checked him during the night, his fever was gone. :D