PDA

View Full Version : Advice on tall boot fit

khalloc
03-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Ok, so maybe I am a little late, but I really want a pair of tall Frye boots! I've been looking lately and tried on 2 pairs. One was the Campus 14L, and the other was the Jane Stitch 14.

I am petite, at 5'2" and about a size 10. I didnt think I had large calves but I guess I do. Because trying on these boots, they get around my calves, but there is no room to spare. The campus boots I tried on at a local store. The sales girl there said that they would stretch out, no problem! The foot part of this boot was fine. It was roomy and I have wide feet.

The Jane boots I bought online and got last night. I could BARELY pour my foot in there. And once I did, it was so constricting on my foot. I sized down to a 7 and I probably should have gotten a 7.5. I have wide feet so I may return them and try a 7.5 instead. The calf on that one was also tight, but did go around, there was slouch around the ankle though.

I'm thinking I am not going to be someone who can tuck jeans into boots. I want to be that person though! But I could probably wear the boots with a skirt or tights, etc...

Anyways, what I am hoping for is some real world experience with boots stretching - will the tops stretch enough like the salesgirl said? I dont mind "breaking" them in. But I dont want to buy boots at $250 and then wear them around trying to break them in only to find out that they arent stretching like I'd hoped and then not be able to return them.