PDA

View Full Version : First haircut

arivecchi
03-05-2010, 11:57 AM
DS2 got his first haircut yesterday. He was really good, but mommy is sad that he does not look like a baby anymore. :crying:

lchang25000
03-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Awww....DS just got his first haircut last weekend. DH gave him the haircut and it looks pretty darn good. DH used the clipper part of his electric shaver. :ROTFLMAO: Of course I had to distract DS during the haircut and he was pretty cooperative. We took the video of the entire cut and posted it on Facebook. Only took DH less than 3 min to cut DS's hair!

mommylamb
03-05-2010, 12:11 PM
But, I bet he looks like an adorable little boy.

arivecchi
03-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Such a cute but sad moment at the same time. Your DH is brave!

lchang25000
03-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Such a cute but sad moment at the same time.

I agree. I even kept all the cut-off hair in a ziplock bag and put it in his keepsake box.

arivecchi
03-05-2010, 12:34 PM
But, I bet he looks like an adorable little boy. Thanks! He does. He looks cuter now with his "boyish" haircut. He got a very formal-looking certificate. :rotflmao:

sariana
03-05-2010, 12:45 PM
DD finally got her first haircut a few weeks ago. She turned 2 in January but still has hardly any hair!

She did a good job, though, and it finally is starting to fill in and thicken up. Maybe we can move away from all pink now that she actually looks like a girl.

MoeJoe
03-05-2010, 03:37 PM
It's so funny that you all cut after one year old... I was getting annoyed at DS's hair being so fly-away and in his ears and over his eyes, that I cut his hair a few weeks ago- before he turned 11 mo!
When is the usual time to cut baby boy's hair?- that is if not growing it long for whatever reason.

arivecchi
03-05-2010, 03:41 PM
I think most people cut boys' hair around 12 months because that is when they finally have enough hair to cut! DS1 has tons of hair so he really needed a haircut before 12 months, but I did not want him to have short hair in his first birthday pics so we waited until the day after his first birthday. DS2 did not have as much hair so I waited until some rebellious fly-aways were long enough to cut, which was yesterday. He is 13 months old.

jenfromnj
03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm very jealous! DS will be one year old later this month, and we are nowhere near him needing a haircut, he's that bald. Seriously, friends of ours have a 6 week old with far more hair than DS.

Reyadawnbringer
03-05-2010, 03:46 PM
DS had his first hair cut at 10mo old because it was so long around his ears that he kept scratching at them and we thought he had an ear infection... til we realized it as just his hair tickling his ears. His front bangs were almost in his eyes too.

I was definitely sad to see it go. DS's hair just grows so fast though (we are about to go get his fourth haircut this weekend).

I was told by the hairdressers at the kids cut place that they typically won't cut baby hair until after a year because then they don't have to worry so much about scissors and a soft spot. She also said that at 12 months and up they are a little less wiggly and tend to sit better.

She one trimmed DS's bangs and ears with clippers, and that is only because I begged her. His first official haircut was at 13 mo.

lmh2402
03-05-2010, 03:47 PM
DS is getting his first cut tomorrow!

he's in desperate needs. he looks like he's sporting a cat-mangled toupee at the moment.

i've been holding off b/c i really wanted to wait until he was a year. not sure why, but i just did...

however, i can wait no longer. he looks nuts and the knots are killer after a bath.

i welled up a little bit after i made the appt - i do feel like he's not going to be a little baby anymore, once he has his first cut

HIU8
03-05-2010, 05:02 PM
DS got his first haircut at 7 months. He had soooo much hair and it was 1 inch longer on one side than the other.

DD got her first haircut at a year old. She to had and has A LOT of hair.