PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Lips While Pregnant??

mommylamb
03-05-2010, 12:09 PM
A colleague of mine is pregnant and suddenly her lips have swollen up (think Lisa Rinna sp?). She has never had allergies in the past, though I guess she could be developing an allergy to something. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else experienced this while pregnant. I did not, but then again, I didn't get a lot of the pregnancy-related side effects.

DrSally
03-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Is she swollen anywhere else, or just the lips? I haven't had this happen while preggo, but I have had an allergic reaction to sunscreen in lipstick and my lips swelled up huge.

BabyBearsMom
03-05-2010, 12:36 PM
I would call the doctor if I were her. Any time your extremeties swell to an extreme like that, it could be a sign of pre-eclampsia.

ewpmsw
03-05-2010, 01:06 PM
I agree she should discuss it with her doc/midwife. My allergies are worse when I'm pregnant (itchy eyes, sneezing, coughing after being exposed to the things that usually set them off.) I've never had anything unusual swell, like lips. Hope she is okay.

happymom
03-05-2010, 01:09 PM
One of my co-workers is pregnant and also has swollen lips! In her case, they were extremely painful as well. I know she asked her doctor about it- If I remember correctly, the doctor wasn't concerned. I have to ask her if the doctor prescribed anything to alleviate the swelling/pain. Her lips arent swollen anymore.

mommylamb
03-05-2010, 02:01 PM
One of my co-workers is pregnant and also has swollen lips! In her case, they were extremely painful as well. I know she asked her doctor about it- If I remember correctly, the doctor wasn't concerned. I have to ask her if the doctor prescribed anything to alleviate the swelling/pain. Her lips arent swollen anymore.

She says they're hurting her too. If you ask your friend, feel free to PM me. Thanks!!

graciebellesmomma
03-06-2010, 01:18 AM
I've never had it happen or known anyone that it happened to, but...
I've absolutely heard of it being a pregnancy symptom.

Hope all is well with your friend!

Smillow
03-06-2010, 01:04 PM
My lips swelled slightly. Nothing that was painful or alarming...