PDA

View Full Version : 3 strollers?

ateret
03-05-2010, 04:24 PM
So my stroller search is leaving me with more questions than answers.Since there is no 1 perfect stroller out there.Does this seem normal.

3 strollers

1. At for walks-no jogging but cracked and bumppy sidewalks

2.A good all around stroller like the zippy?

3.An umbrella stroller?

Also what would you suggest for each catogory? I am not that fond of the macs in the umbrella category and would probably like to spend more money on strollers number 2 and 3. If there is a stroller that can be 1+2 or something like that-please let me know.

Our car has a small trunk ,and I am small.So weight and width should be taken into account.

TIA

arivecchi
03-05-2010, 04:55 PM
I think you could get away with two strollers. A light umbrella stroller you can take in the car and a nice AT stroller that you use when you are walking near your home.

jacksmoma
03-05-2010, 06:06 PM
yeah, i'd skip on the zippy too, keep the bigger air tire one at home for walks or longer days out and the umbrella ready to go in your trunk :)

codex57
03-05-2010, 06:44 PM
yeah, i'd skip on the zippy too, keep the bigger air tire one at home for walks or longer days out and the umbrella ready to go in your trunk :)

We have the Zippy so we haven't bought an umbrella one cuz the Zippy works so well as a trunk stroller. Nice to have the full features and standing fold, particularly in bad weather.

salsah
03-06-2010, 02:01 AM
i think 3 strollers is reasonable but not necessary. a zippy and an umbrella are little redundant unless you need a full featured (other than the AT) for the newborn (or all day outings) and an ultra compact and lightweight stroller for travel or public transportation when the baby is older.
i would not buy all three now. i would just get the AT now, if it fits in your trunk easily and isn't so heavy that you can't lift in and out of the car several times a day, and a lightweight later. if not, get the AT and the zippy. you may never need a lightweight in addition to the zippy. so wait until you find a need for it before you get it.

AnnieW625
03-06-2010, 02:52 AM
I also think you could get away with two strollers. We had our jogger and our Maclaren Triumph as our only strollers for over 2 years. I think you'd be fine with either the Zippy or the umbrella it really just depends on your style of the stroller and what you like.

strollerqueen
03-06-2010, 04:55 PM
So my stroller search is leaving me with more questions than answers.Since there is no 1 perfect stroller out there.Does this seem normal.

3 strollers

1. At for walks-no jogging but cracked and bumppy sidewalks

2.A good all around stroller like the zippy?

3.An umbrella stroller?

Also what would you suggest for each catogory? I am not that fond of the macs in the umbrella category and would probably like to spend more money on strollers number 2 and 3. If there is a stroller that can be 1+2 or something like that-please let me know.

Our car has a small trunk ,and I am small.So weight and width should be taken into account.

TIA

That's what most people used to do. But now that reversibles are back in style, add one of those to the list! (Subtract or consolidate one of the others if you must!)